Priority Baggage Labels…bl***y useless!!

Back to Forum
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

• Anonymous

ThaiGold
    Participant

I travel about 180,000 air miles per year and, in my view, airlines should get rid of priority baggage labels and save a few thousand trees every year! Why? Because they mean absolutely nothing – nada – sweet FA – they are absolutely useless!! I have lost count of the number of times I have waited, and waited, and waited for my supposed “priority” bag to arrive – even on Singapore Airlines, which normally leaves the other airlines in the shade in terms of these kind of premium services.

And another thing, while I’ve got your attention – why is it that “soft” bags always seem to arrive on the luggage carousel before “hard” bags…….anyone know the answer to that one?

AussieM
    Participant

From my experience, it seems more the airport handling where you land. Most Airlines appear to bring the luggage out when i use my Gold Cards, or travel premium classes, certainly Etihad, KLM, SQ, Thai, LH..but then it is dismal in London with all airlines…thats LHR quality for you.

yahoo1000
    Participant

heathrow is terrible for priority luggage. I have flown thai airways first class 3 times and i have to say my luggage came out first, second all three times. with those big first class lables theres no other way. . .

ThaiGold
    Participant

I agree with you about Heathrow – I try to avoid it like the plague, but my destination is usually Dublin and LHR offers the best pricing for Thai to/from BKK.

I am ROP Gold with Thai – always travel in First Class and yet still am left waiting for my bags – even with those gold and purple labels!!

yahoo1000
    Participant

I am sorry to hear about that. you must be travelling a fair amount. maybe try singapore airlines first class. they are more expensive. i would love to go on them but they never give first class seats for frequent flyers. thats the only way i get the luxury. lol

FrequentTraveller
    Participant

I totally agree as far as short haul is concerned. Both BMI and BA regularly fail to delivery priority bags first. It has become such a waste of time, that I no longer insist on the priority tags being added if they forget to add them.

However, with long haul many airlines seem to make more of an effort to deliver the priority bags first. The larger the plane, the more business and first class bags exist to bother putting them in separate boxes. Then load those boxes last so they come off first at the destination.

AussieM
    Participant

I must admit, being slightly out of the Norm for BT readers amybe, i have my Gold card with KLM/AF, they being my preferred European carrier.
    They havent failed me in many years, those Priority labels really do get effectively used, & when was not put on by accident the bag was not first. Schipol as we all know & recognise, is so efficient, wonderful to see what exact minute yr bag will be out as displayed, & indeed its on time. For me Schipol is “the Buddhist temple” of travel in the EU!!!

KLM have their own handling at LHR & its also T4, so i think this also helps. Interesting when they get toghether with Skyteam in the one Terminal 4…(delayed by BA’s Mis-management).

Different with long haul, with little difference for European flights C class, (except the x6 fare!), MY FF Card gives me all the perks i need for Fast track, priority luggage, lounge access, & still the seats at the front kept free if possible next FF members. & for KLM, it works.

Henryp1
    Participant

Yes I agree, too often the priority lugagge does not appear pronto, but when it does its great!!! Many airlines also let FFs of higher levels get tagged baggage which increases the volume, but EK has now stopped this for Silver members, so hopefully this will help the situation, but sorry to the Silver FFs.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls