Priceline, Auction or Name Your Own Price airtickets

Back to Forum
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Anonymous

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Does anyone have any experience of buying air tickets through auction or name your own price websites?

As any successful ticket purchases will be non published fares, are tickets bought this way, covered by travel insurance?

JonathanCohen09
    Participant

Hi Martyn,

I hope you are well and enjoying the holiday season? I looked into this last year as I had exactly the same question. My travel insurance was an annual policy through ‘Insureandgo’. i called to ask them and could not gert a straight answer as the fact that the fare would be an unpublished one seemed to throw them.

For that reason I decided not to book as I will never travel on any trip if I am not fully covered.

Perhaps your insurer will be able to give you better information and if they can I would be very interested to hear what they have to say.

All the best to you and yours for a healthy, happy and successful 2012.

Cheers,

JC

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Hi JC

From Amex

“providing you use your American Express Card to pay for the ticket via priceline then you will receive the Travel Insurance benefits”.

I cant confirm whether this applies to other insurers/policies.

Travelers using auction or similar type websites should check with their individual insurers.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls