Priceline: Anyone Else Using It?

Back to Forum
Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)

• Isabel07
    Participant

@ Vintage Krug – yes that’s what I meant: I want to AVOID getting the Hilton Chicago

VintageKrug
    Participant

Indeed, so do I, that is what apposite means.

Isabel07
    Participant

@ Vintage Krug – am with you now 😉 there’s a new word for my dictionary…

VintageKrug
    Participant

I am not a regular in Chicago, but can usually find a decent boutique property when I do stay. However, location is all in Chicago, and the Hilton is pretty central, which is why I guess it can rest on its laurels with unrenovated rooms.

Note you can often ask for a paid upgrade at check in. $20-$30 will often secure a better room, but as I will never darken the HIlton’s door again, I don’t know if they even have better rooms.

Isabel07
    Participant

would you agree that sites like PL could get a lot more sophisticated by offering further categories and preferences to choose from?
    I’m thinking of:
    – seaview room
    – upgrade availability
    – hotel amenities
    – popularity (maybe linked with reviews, customer satisfaction scores etc.?)

these preferences would also trigger an impact on price and your bidding chances – any thoughts?

continentalclub
    Participant

Until the end of the month, the PL US site is reportedly showing some additional information which might assist those interested in placing bids:

http://bit.ly/chkwmx

The information is, unsurprisingly, sketchy – but might drive your interest.

There is also a USD25 ‘best rate guarantee’ on offer until 31 March.

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls