Premium Economy

Back to Forum
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

• Anonymous

maggie-may
    Participant

Just booked to travel on premium economy to NY from Heathrow. I have only ever travelled Virgin to HK in Upper. Are there any special seat numbers in PE that we should try to reserve??
    I am thinking of booking visit to lounge for £60.00 per person as so relaxing
    Await guidance
    Many thanks

Potakas
    Participant

You can check here:

http://www.seatguru.com/

Regards,

Potakas

MartynSinclair
    Participant

£60 for a visit to a lounge, I would suggest you pool your money and get a room at a hotel to relax before the flight. I like the Virgin lounge in T3, but its certainly not worth £60 to visit (my opinion – others I am sure will dissagree)

BAGoldcard
    Participant

Further to the above helpful posts, the following may also assist:

http://www.seatexpert.com

I hope that you have a great trip!

Potakas
    Participant

Parenthesis please, can you actually pay to have access in a lounge?

I am not talking about priority pass, but just for one time visit. Can anyone inform me about? Can be done on a Galleries lounge?

Potakas

BAGoldcard
    Participant

You can ‘pay as you go’ to enter lounges throughout the world using sites such as:

http://www.loungepass.com

BA does not allow passengers to pay to access their own lounges, such as at LHR Terminal 5, although you can sometimes pay to enter the third party lounges that BA uses around the world.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

BA Galleries are extremely strict on lounge access. I am a gold card holder, travelling First (full fare) to the states and my wife and son were going to Europe on BA at a similar time. As I hadnt seen Mrs., Sinclair for over 2 weeks or my son, I asked very politely whether i could move out of the Concorde lounge so as to meet my wife and son in one of the other lounges. Rules are rules I was told and they cant be changed. But, BA change the rules during the strike period esepcially with restricted tickets, so rules can be changed. I was made to beg and yes i do think an exception coul dhave been made esepcially as I was travelling First so am allowed a guest and my gold card allows one guest into the Galleries. In the end sense did prevail, i saw Mrs, S for 25 minutes and caught up with my son. All in all not one of BA’s strong points trying lloking out of the box.

Thank you anyway as the peserverance did pay off (even if my spelling doesnt).

BABenji
    Participant

Maggie-May, I wouldn’t recommend spending the £60 on access to the clubhouse.

Virgin check in at T3 (in my experience) can be chaotic at times, couple this with a really poor security check and you could be left with 30 – 45 mins to get your £60 worth. There’s no way of knowing which way it will be (although evening flights are generally worse), until you get there. That said, given that you can use the Premium Economy check in desk, this may speed up your passage.

Sooner spend the money at Seafood Bar on some oysters and a glass of bubbly. That generally does the trick on the relaxation-front.

maggie-may
    Participant

Thanks all your comments. I am booked with Virgin Holidays which is why I have the option of paying £60.00 pp to enjoy the lounge. However having considered further think it is best not to bother…. Having enjoyed the lounge while travelling UC maybe that gave me rose-tinted glasses!
    Thank you very much for helping me make decision.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls