PremiAir Manchester Sept Opening – Anyone up for these prices

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

• K1ngston
    Participant

JohnnyG I don’t think any such service is worth a £100 … wow talk about daylight robbery, I agree I wonder how many people who are clearly travelling on a budget will add that sort of expense to their travel….

And I am unclear how it works if its a seperate terminal and will they take you to any waiting aircraft??

ImissConcorde
    Participant

If the charge is £100.00 then I don’t think that the high s[peed wi-fi is “complimentary”!

BugAdvisor
    Participant

I never visit nor fly to/from Manchester. However, I think £100 isn’t a bad price for private checkin, exclusive lounge and private transfer to the aircraft. Plenty of celebrities and football players would definitely pay £100 to discreetly slip through the airport – imagine how it could help Wayne Rooney keep out of the news!

1 user thanked author for this post.

GivingupBA
    Participant

[quote quote=933697]…..I think £100 isn’t a bad price for private checkin, exclusive lounge and private transfer to the aircraft….[/quote]

Not a bad price to you, but it is to me! I would never pay that in a million years – I’d have to be either famous and usually mobbed for autographs, or very rich, to use the service. But I am neither.

canucklad
    Participant

“authentic local cuisine made fresh to order”

So that’ll be a serving of Betty’s Coronation Street Hot Pot with a pint of Creamy Boddingtons to wash it down
    Cheap at half the price

first_class_please
    Participant

I am sure quite a few of the local celebs / footballers / wealthy will pay for this.

Travelling through Manchester even with Fast Track is such a hassle and one of the worst airports I go through, 5-6 times a year.

If it was £50 each which was initially advertised as the starting price, I would be using it. £100 each when I travel with my wife is starting to be too much, particularly when already in business class with lounge access and fast track.

Presumably what they are trying to do is price it sufficiently above the standard lounge access prices to stop holiday groups coming in to drink £30 of ‘free’ booze before departure.

capetonianm
    Participant

Certainly not something I would consider unless I were travelling on Ryanair, which I wouldn’t be … so no.

LuganoPirate
    Participant

I haven’t used Manchester for decades, but if i did, or it was extended to other airports I’d certainly consider using this service. £100 to avoid all the queues and waiting makes the journey that more comfortable and the service worthwhile. I understand it’s not for everyone, and so is priced accordingly. If it were priced at a level that everyone would use it, then there would be no advantages at all.

travelworld2
    Participant

Interesting idea- and a mixed bag of responses. On the one hand, if you are just taking a short flight to (say) Paris £100 a head sounds expensive. But if you’re on a business class long haul fare north of £2000 it suddenly doesn’t seem quite so much. I’d certainly use it for the latter. Compared with Heathrow’s private terminal, for which the charge is well over 10 times as much- which presumably excludes nearly everyone bar Madonna- it’s quite a bargain.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

From what I read on the Forum, the biggest problem with Manchester Airport is passing through security. Once through, life becomes bearable again.
    £100 per person for what effectively appears to be a very fast, fast track, & a slightly quieter lounge, appears to be steep, but I guess it really depends on the entire offering, including the food service. If it was the LH F lounge in Fra/Mun – then it could be worth while….

Henryp1
    Participant

Seems to be very good value for the cost and vastly different to LHR offering. To be away from crowds and noise must be worth the cost.

canucklad
    Participant

[quote quote=933746]everyone, and so is priced accordingly. If it were priced at a level that everyone would use it, then there would be no advantages at all.[/quote]

Indeed a good way to keep the riff raff out , oh hang on a minute , that’ll be me ?

miningguy
    Participant

Having relocated to the North mid-2018, I was completely unprepared for Manchester airport. After years of flying out of Heathrow T5, which I find quite bearable, I was just stunned at the overcrowding, poor facilities and the generally horrible ambiance. As the gateway to the North (and the Northern Powerhouse), this vital piece of Northern infrastructure leaves a lot to be desired. Its an embarrassment and not at all helpful to initiatives to attract investment to the region.

That being said, I have always found fast track security alright. The BA lounge provides adequate respite (if not much else), so for me the £100 would be just too steep. I agree with the comments that this price would dissuade the “free booze” £30 crowd and probably be attractive to celebrities (etc) not wishing to be caught in the main terminal.

My only hope is that this was funded with private money – or at least this did not come out of the pot to make more general improvements to the airport. (Indeed if it brings revenue funded elsewhere at the airport, then great!)

Rant over. I feel much better 🙂

nevereconomy
    Participant

I only fly BA or AA from MAN – never had any problems getting through security and BA lounge is very pleasant,though not much food on offer, but I don’t really need that. Only ever have hand luggage so no problem there either. If my experience were different, I might consider the £100 well spent. Have to agree that it is not the most attractive airport but I am not there
    for the aesthetics and for me at least it has always served its purpose adequately.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls