Potential Delays at LHR

Back to Forum
Viewing 3 posts - 31 through 33 (of 33 total)

• HarryMonk
    Participant

trantraxman
    its a valid question you ask regarding landing at Stansted, not to be critical but out of curiousity, as the pilots deserve every piece of praise for their actions and airmanship, I wondered the same as to return to LHR takes a crippled aircraft over the centre of London

BigDog.
    Participant

I had a couple of interesting conversations with insiders today. One “qualified insider” commented that he had seen the pictures and it didn’t look like a bird strike to him.

The AIIB report will be interesting.

Secondly there were a couple of Long Haul flights which didn’t get away. The pilots went out of hours and as all available pilots had been used they had no choice but for the loaded aircraft to stay on the ground overnight.

Apparently the First and Business class passengers were shipped into London as all local hotels were full. The economy passengers had to stay put on the grounded aircraft for the night.

Immigration, ground staff, baggage handlers had left for the night.

Given requests to get off were rejected, it begs the question as to what point it could be deemed illegal confinement or false imprisonment?

I would have been frantic.

Viewing 3 posts - 31 through 33 (of 33 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls