Posting FFP miles in the wrong FF programCreate Topic

Home Forums Air Travel Frequent flyer programmes Posting FFP miles in the wrong FF program

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  paularoyston 1 year, 9 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

ChrisR2591
    Participant

I had recently two occasions, when I traveled with British Airways and with Qatar Airways when I specifically asked them to credit my travel miles on American Airlines Frequent Flyer program (my boarding passes issued by both airlines indicating my AA FF number clearly). They have ignored my instruction and credited me on their own frequent flyer programs (in which I am a member)….I have had to fight with both airlines to have these miles credited to my AA account. My Qatar Airways dispute is still outstanding.

openfly
    Participant

One World carriers are a nightmare if you vary FF programmes.

travelsforfun
    Participant

Qatar Airways is a nightmare if you have to dispute anything with them (regardless of the merits of the case).

paularoyston
    Participant

Chris,
    We find that logging into QR MMB, and physically changing your FFP to the one you want the credits for works really well. You will then get an email from QR confirming your FFP change. We just do ourselves in the lounge, often just before departure. The airlines can definitely get mixed up with requests. RJ are awful too. Actually changed it on a plane once from BA to our AA one, that was a panic, but it worked out ok.

ChrisR2591
    Participant

Many thanks for your reply. I indicated the AA FF number when making the reservations on both BA’s and Qatar’s reservation system. I also got issued with boarding passes by both airlines which featured the AA FF nrs clearly. So why ignore this and insist on crediting me on their own FF programs…..

paularoyston
    Participant

QR will probably have you email a copy of the boarding pass at least 5 times. It is like dealing with 12 yr Olds in their c/s dept. we got to the point that we have to double check with QR at the departure gate to ensure the correct FFP is still there. Unreal. We have definitely found it’s improved since we do it ourselves on MMB on QR website, or the Finnair one.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.