Possible UK border closures / further travel restrictions – 4 QUESTIONS

Back to Forum
Viewing 2 posts - 61 through 62 (of 62 total)

• SimonS1
    Participant

I’ve been looking at the rules for returning to the UK from a non-red list country. £210 is payable in advance as fees for the days 2 & 8 tests, plus there’s 10 days quarantine at home. Test to release on day 5 is still an option, and I’m wondering why the second test is then on day 8 rather than on day 5!

There is a list of approved test-to-release laboratories. Each has set its own fee, which can only be found out by calling them. I called 5 labs, and the fees quoted ranged between £190 and £350! This being a statutory test, surely the fees should have fixed by the government at a sensible level. An RT/PCR test costs £8 out here (and they make a profit out of that), so clearly much profiteering is taking place in the UK.

It’s frustrating to see such chaos and disorganisation.

thanks for this. So, if I were to come over, I would have to pay for tests on day 2 and day 8, even if I also pay separately for a ‘test to release’ on day 5? So what happens to the test on day 8? Is that still required?

Yes. Doesn’t make any sense but even if you do Test to Release on day 5 and show negative you still need to do the test on day 8.

Test-to-Release

Attachments:

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Not discussing whether quarantine is right or wrong, but a clear message saying that you will follow our rules. This rule break appears to be sneaking into his girls friends room in the same hotel….

https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-briton-jailed-for-breaking-singapore-quarantine-order-to-see-fiancee-12229226

Viewing 2 posts - 61 through 62 (of 62 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller September / October 2021 cover
Business Traveller September / October 2021 cover
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls