Possible Air France strikes on May 3/4/7/8

Back to Forum

This topic contains 19 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  capetonianm 11 May 2018
at 23:36

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)

• tomwjsimpson
    Participant

Ah the irony, I’ve just received an email from them giving me £20 off my next flight as a birthday gift from AF. I’m thinking they need all the money they can get at the moment!

I do wonder if what the French government says is true or not, I can’t really see them sitting back and letting the flag carrier fail . .

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

Edski777
    Participant

KLM is currently the Airfrance/KLM financial floatation device. The profit generated by KLM is hardly enough to keep Airfrance/KLM in the black. A warning has been given already for the financial results over the full year. Meanwhile, frustration is rapidly increasing at KLM personnel, management, the unions and the Dutch government. Later today there will be a meeting between the transport ministers of France and the Netherlands held about the current situation.
    As share prices went down more than 10% today Airfrance/KLM will become an interesting investment for foreign carriers looking to get or extend a foothold in the EU.
    Especially KLM and Transavia, the Dutch parts of Airfrance/KLM, may be of interest as they are profitable with a sound organizational structure and good relations between management, personnel, government and unions. And against today’s share prices they may be extra appealing.

Unless Air France and the unions come to an agreement in the very near future the future of Air France looks bleak at best. It is time the Air France personnel starts to realize this as well.

MarcusGB
    Participant

I have started a thread on the future of KLM / Air France, as i think this heads more on strikes.
    Today the issues became far broader, and more serious, and the future of The AF/KLMGroup, is now in question!

capetonianm
    Participant

Not AF, but just for a change, French ATC strikes again. I can’t find anything about it in the news, probably because it is only news when there isn’t some kind of a strike in France. This is from EZY website.

French Air Traffic Control strike 12th-13th May 2018
    11/05/2018

We have been advised of a French air traffic control strike starting on Saturday 12th May, through to Sunday 13th May 2018. Like all airlines, our flights to and from France, as well as those flying in French airspace, could be affected. Also flights that do not operate through France may still be affected as 65% of easyJet flights operate through French air space and may be delayed before arriving for your flight.

We expect that there could possibly be delays due to the industrial action, therefore we advise all customers to check the status of their flight on our flight tracker either on our mobile app or website: http://www.easyjet.com/en/flight-tracker

Although this situation is outside of our control we would like to apologise to any affected passengers for the inconvenience caused.

What happens if my flight is cancelled?

We will contact affected customers directly via Email and SMS using the details provided at the time of booking and check in.

For cancelled flights only, we advise customers not to travel to the airport but to transfer their flights free of charge or take a refund by logging onto Manage Bookings on easyJet.com or using our Flight Tracker: easyjet.com/XXXX(yourflightnumber).

If an overnight accommodation is required, affected passengers can book this on the day their flight was due to depart through our Flight Tracker page easyjet.com/XXXX (flight number).

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
May cover
May cover
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls