Poor Website performance

Back to Forum
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

• Tom Otley
    Keymaster

Morning,

Sorry for the poor performance of the website.

We have been trying to fix it for several days now but without luck. The website has various services and software to try and help it load quickly worldwide, and this includes keeping cached version of it on servers – this is currently not working properly and so some images aren’t working and occasionally the website doesn’t load at all.

We are aware of the problem, and are very very frustrated about it, but we are in the hands of people who talk a language none of us understand.
    Tom

mkcol74
    Participant

I’ve noticed when I come to the forum it’s usually all fine, working well. But if I flip to the news section that’s when I see the cached version.

FDOS_UK
    Participant

The forum seems to work well.

mkcol74
    Participant

Could it be the forum is actually hosted elsewhere?

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

No it’s the same place. It’s just luck but glad if you are having more luck than us.

Flightlevel
    Participant

Thanks remember its not required to be perfect just good enough! You are better than all the rest, helps too!

LuganoPirate
    Participant

I’m finding it works just fine.

Why can we not edit a post at all now?

stevescoots
    Participant

I thought i was just because i was in china, I will quit cursing the GFW again then

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

Yes. Sorry. It certainly will be at least Monday before the next “fix” is attempted.

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

Morning

I’m afraid at the moment we can’t post any news or features. Thank goodness for the forum.

Normal service will resume. Some time.

Tom

JohnHarper
    Participant

Thanks for the update Tom, definitely something wrong with performance today. Please don’t get stressed – we can all wait and it won’t do you or your team any good!

Thanks again for providing great service.

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

Thank you for the understanding.

We have a good SIA story waiting, and has everyone seen the internal email from Alex Cruz the BA staff about Plan4 – Changing the Way We Fly the World…. And then there was World Travel Market with all the news from that and I also heard there was an election somewhere… !

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls