Police detain rowdy China Eastern pax for opening plane exit doors

Back to Forum
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Anonymous

AMcWhirter
    Participant

Rowdy behaviour by passengers on a delayed China Eastern domestic flight has led to 25 of them being detained by police.

The incident happened last Friday when the flight suffered a delay of several hours on the ground owing to bad weather. A number of pasengers opened the aircraft’s emergency exit doors.

Thankfully this sort of thing never happened a week ago when several Etihad planes suffered major delays on the ground. Passengers were obliged to remain on board some flights for as long as 12 hours.

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/asiapacific/china-detains-25/1582874.html

PeterCoultas
    Participant

sorry, if i am retained on the plane on the ground for 12 hours I would regard it reasonable to take direct action! It would not be a flight I would wish to take.

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Especially in Economy. Business bad enough but at least there’s more room and i guess you’re fed and watered?

Schaible
    Participant

I have never heard of snow chaos in Kunming! I know Kunming as “spring city” of China thanks to its pretty constant temperatures with mild winters and warm but never hot summers, tropical high altitude climate (about 2,000 m MSL).

It can be indeed agonizing to remain in a parked aircraft for several hours!

After 2 hours my patience would also come to an end! I have experienced situations on domestic flights in China where it came close to that mentioned case.

I do blame the airline & ground services to a major extend. I know that communicating the situation and updating the passengers is often very badly performed. On top of that serving no food and beverages is challenging the temper.

In China it is common practice to blame the weather for any incident, to avoid paying for compensation and free meals. I had this excuse last year on a WUH – PEK flight when the aircraft arrived 3 hours late due to some technical defect.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls