Points.com…who are they?

Back to Forum
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• Anonymous

openfly
    Participant

I received an email from the BA Exec Club this morning regarding bonus Avios for purchasing up to 27000 Avios through BA. I clicked on “buy now”, but it failed to connect. I tried several times and it kept coming back with “time out”.

I called the Exec Club to be told by web support that this is not a BA problem, but a Points.com problem and to go there to buy the Avios. All a bit strange!

But, hey what a fascinating website. Swapping points, buying points, managing FFOs…another world. Try Points.com.

Am I the only person who has never heard of it? But very surprised that I was directed there by the BA Exec Club.

SergeantMajor
    Participant

Several airlines use http://www.points.com to manage the purchase of loyalty points on their behalf – it’s a good resource, and handy for a number of reasons.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

mine came direct from BAEC, same offer….

openfly
    Participant

Martynsinclair….yes my original email came from BA, but with the problems, the Exec Club sent me to Points.com. But BA doesn’t get a mention on their website. Very confusing for one of a simple mind!!

Thanks SM

Bath_VIP
    Participant

I saw this offer as well but I am hesitating a little as I am becoming doubtful about Avios availability to the USA.

SM, I would greatly appreciate your perspective on availability to the USA. Do you think it will get better or worse in future? At present, I am checking for trips in C in June which is terrible (similar to what I experienced in 2012 & 2013) and trips to SFO in March which i thought would be better but is actually quite poor for the dates I want.

MarcusUK
    Participant

Some programs prohibit exchanging or selling to third parties, your miles.
    Doing so would be a breach of the membership rules and may render your membership invalid or you could be removed from the program!

Most programs enable you to buy so many per year anyhow, and have bonus offers. Best stick to the rules, and within the membership, rather than gamble your status and perks.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls