Points for a hotel that leaves Accor

Back to Forum

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  MarcusGB 22 Jun 2018
at 19:34

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Switzerlanding
    Participant

Can anyone advise on a little issue I’m having with Accor right now…

Last October I booked a non-changeable/refundable MGallery in Sardinia for June, last month I received a promo email from the hotel and it was obvious they’d lefts the Accor group. No email from Accor to let me know this hotel has left the group.

I phoned Accor and explain that as a plat I booked the hotel as it was part of the group. I don’t want to cancel but do want the points and the quidco cash back. I was assured I’d get the points and they’d investigate the cash back and come back to me. Guess what… no one came back to me.

If I hadn’t already requalified for platinum I’d be really chasing this but still with a booking at over £1,000 the points and 15% cash back still add up I’m pretty upset by the lack of communication from Accor (but not surprised)

Question: has anyone had a similar experience and received points and even the cash back with a hotel that’s left a group but was booked when it was still part of a group?

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Yes it has, twice, some years ago, though I can no longer remember the hotels, I think one chain was Marriott, and I didn’t receive my points in either case.
    One of those things I guess but I couldn’t be bothered to pursue it further so can’t say what would have happened if I had.

FaroFlyer
    Participant

A similar situation happened to me last September. I had booked 3 nights at Hilton CPH, 2 nights points and 1 night money. The booking was made in February for a September stay. I was notified in March that the hotel was leaving Hilton and would become a Clarion hotel just before arrival.

I am Hilton Diamond. Excellent communication from Hilton who made payment to the hotel for the points nights and I paid for the money night. I did not earn HH points for the money night but was treated as HH Diamond and upgraded to Exec floor. Hilton had agreed this with the hotel.

As you have pre-paid I assume that Accor will also pay the new property direct. As your payment was to Accor you should still receive Quidco, though they are always slow. I would ask Accor to make sure that your A-Club Platinum benefits are honoured by the new hotel, who will be wanting favourable reviews, and repeat business.

Switzerlanding
    Participant

The hotel honoured all the platinum benefits and went further by delivering a nice bottle of red and fruit bowl to the room. Now to see if the points credit… hotel is a nice one BTW 😉 http://www.poltu-quatu.com/en/

MarcusGB
    Participant

Quidco only pay after the completed stay, no matter which hotel booking agent you book through.
    This is at least 3 months after your stay regardless of paying upfront or not.
    I left Quidco due to the payments not being followed through from Accor, major delays almost a year. Some were refused by Accor despite all having been tracked and within the rules. You just get computer generated emails and never through to a person to solve the issue. I gave up, takes too much time.
    I use Topcashback now.
    There is a 10-15% amount to return, so it is quite significant i agree.
    I am Platinum also with Accor and find it more common to see properties being added than removed from Accor.
    Worth a discussion with the Platinum line, but Accor does not give a great impression of customer service, same as Air France!
    I have to constantly chase bonus points from Accor, they are never smoothly applied, to have to provide proof which is not always possible.
    “Private Sales” are also rarely available from the UK website, yet featured on others, so we do not get these offers either
    They just get worse…

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls