Plz clarify/confirm BAEC recent changes….

Back to Forum
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

• Anonymous

MartynSinclair
    Participant

1. charges for changes and cancelations for avios bookings – this I understand and have already experienced.

2. If inside 24 hours, these charges will be/should waived, but apparently the online system is not able to recognize “time”, therefore you have to phone in

3. All BA ticket offices are able to deal with BAEC members from any country, i.e. my membership is based on my German address. Yet when I called the London BA ticket office they advised this was NOT the case, I needed to call Germany to ensure I was not charged for changes inside 24 hours. I asked the operative to check which he did and he came back to confirm his manager had authorised him to make the change as a one off, but in future, I would have to call the German BAEC.

Can some one clarify please, especially (3)…..

Thanks

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Apologies for bumping this thread, but I wrote to BAEC (via email) and got this response.

“Dear Mr Sinclair

Thank you for writing to the Club.

All bookings and account queries must be dealt with through your local service centre. I am not sure as to why you were told any different and I apologise for this.

Regards
    J*****
    British Airways Executive Club “

This was AFTER BA Gold Line n 0800 1231111, confirmed that any office can deal with AVIOS bookings booked in countries other than UK.

I am sure that somewhere it was emailed about this, but I cant find the mail.

LuganoPirate
    Participant

I can’t remember the reason, but I had to call the BAEC when the UK offices were closed. Instead I called the US number and a very helpful man solved whatever problem it was I had. So not sure why they could only help you as a “favour” Martyn. Maybe it was too much trouble for them?

As an aside. Gold / Senator with Miles and More have a dedicated line open 24/7. Shame BA can’t offer the same!

Swissdiver
    Participant

I also used the US number with no problem, or even the UK one since the Swiss (well, German in facts) closes too early in the evening (well, late afternoon). I have to admit though it was a little while ago.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Received via email today..

Dear Mr Sinclair,

Thank you for your email. I hope you enjoyed reading this months issue of The Club.

Regarding your enquiry, I have spoken with the relevant colleagues and can confirm that all contact centres can make and change Executive Club bookings regardless of the customer’s country of membership. This includes commercial bookings and also the ability to book and service bookings made with Avios Points.

I hope this helps answer your question,

Warm Regards,

L**** at The Club

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Just to close this query off, BAEC phoned me this morning to confirm that the system DID change last year and AVIOS bookings can be changed/amended/cancelled by ANY call centre world wide, irrespective of country of membership.

I hope overseas members will find this useful, especially when mid trip..

MartinJ
    Participant

Thank you indeed, Martyn! I remember pleading with call centres abroad in my effort to meet the departure-24hr cancellation deadline when my local centre was closed. Luckily this is now history.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls