Plume of Ash Closes Scottish Airspace

Back to Forum
Viewing 4 posts - 61 through 64 (of 64 total)

• TominScotland
    Participant

My Inbox is being bombarded by airlines offering me great deals as a thank you for being patient over the past few days – flybe, emirates and others. I hope they are devoting the same resources to the care of those stranded or seeking a refund. Flybe have told me to expect to wait 28 days for a refund for my cancelled flights……

Binman62
    Participant

Arrived safely on BA284 last night after 12 hour haul from SFO including 2 hours circling SNN. BA did a great job getting us all home and in picking up the bills in SFO. First product on flight was reduced due lack of duvets wash bags etc as these had been used on the first two attempts to get from SFO last Wednesday and Friday. Failure of IFE however was unforgivable given the aircraft sat on the ground in SFO since Friday night. Feel churlish even mentioning that in the circumstances but with 2 kids it was a real pain particularly circling SNN for 2 hours.
    Aynway happy to be home…..
    BAA at Heathrow surprised and delighted me after they waived all extra costs for valet parking from original collection date if delay due volcanic disruptiopn…..

VintageKrug
    Participant

I do think BAA are getting – slowly – better at managing customers.

The sale of Gatwick was just what was needed to wake them – partially – from their slumber.

IFE failure is not good news at all, especially when with the children, but do write in using the electronic form; praise the good bits and mention the IFE failure (for all four passengers). Always keep it brief. You will be given a nice treat for your inconvenience.

I rather look forward to an IFE failure, especially as I always take my MacBook Pro loaded with BBC iPlayer downloads and other movies. Can’t recall the last time this happened, but certainly no probs on the last ten longhaul sectors.

Note if this ever happens in First you will not be inconvenienced as everyone has individual DVD players in addition to AVOD.

HonestLogic
    Participant

Even if you can’t travel and are stuck at the airport you can still safely send your files using SwissDisk. Don’t let a little ash kill your business or make you miss the report deadline. Use SwissDisk to safely and securely send a file with the Temp URL feature or share a file in your SwissDisk account with the Multi-User feature. Enjoy and travel safe!

Viewing 4 posts - 61 through 64 (of 64 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls