Pleonasm Awards

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 39 total)

• FDOS_UK
    Participant

From the KLM website

World Business Class is being transformed on increasingly more KLM aircraft!

Well, it wouldn’t be increasingly fewer, would it?

Anyone else got any?

Tautology examples also welcome.

fatbear
    Participant

Not tautology but the slip road off the M23 at Gatwick Airport states “Use both lanes for Gatwick”. I think they mean use either lane but I drove down the middle straddling both lanes just in case…..

fatbear
    Participant

On a recent flight to Prague, the cabin crew kept making comments about Cross Czechs….

FDOS_UK
    Participant

[quote quote=802482]Not tautology but the slip road off the M23 at Gatwick Airport states “Use both lanes for Gatwick”. I think they mean use either lane but I drove down the middle straddling both lanes just in case…..

[/quote]

Excellent, I appreciate a driver who covers all the angles 🙂

FDOS_UK
    Participant

[quote quote=802483]On a recent flight to Prague, the cabin crew kept making comments about Cross Czechs….

[/quote]

I hope they weren’t talking about arming them, too?

Time for Slovakia to watch out 😉

openfly
    Participant

Cape Town airport frequent PA….”will the last outstanding passenger on flight …. please go to the gate”!! How do I qualify to be outstanding?

stevescoots
    Participant

Dongguan Station. “the train to Hong Kong is leaving in no time, please be on board”

its been the same message for 12 years!

capetonianm
    Participant

A few of my pet hates where redundant words are used are :
    Free gift (by definition, a gift is free)
    Totally unlimited (unlimited is unlimited, could you have partly unlimited?)
    PIN Number (the ‘N’ stands for number)

K1ngston
    Participant

Mine was always.. “in the unlikely event of landing in water” I would always say to myself “”that you can kiss your a** goodbye” I guess Sully put an end to that thought …….

FDOS_UK
    Participant

Keep them coming, some very funny comments!

Poshgirl58
    Participant

Why are births announced as baby girls or baby boys.

Many years ago, a friend always said she was removing food from the freezer to dethaw.

Then there’s “more easier”, “more better”, “more bigger”. I could go on…….

PeterCoultas
    Participant

Why are the “disabled toilet”‘s alway fully functional and with better facilities ?

FDOS_UK
    Participant

One from Orly Airport – it’s been a pre-recorded PA for years,

‘Unattended baggage will be systematically destroyed’.

Not just destroyed, mind you, systematically destroyed.

capetonianm
    Participant

SAA always used to announce :
    “This is the last call for the three passengers delaying flight SA314 to board immediately through gate 6”
    Five minutes later you’d hear :
    “This is the last and final call for the three passengers delaying flight SA314 to board immediately through gate 6”
    Which would be followed by :
    “This is absolutely the last and final call for the three passengers delaying flight SA314 to board immediately through gate 6”

Johnnyg
    Participant

Travel agents stating that they can fly you to all corners of the globe !!!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 39 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls