Please, BA, your map is broken again

Back to Forum
Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)

• rferguson
    Participant

The availability map should be switched back on tomorrow.

It has been switched off due to ‘issues’ with the US DOT and the map.

Suffice to say when the map is ‘switched back on’ tomorrow it will show all reward availability EXCEPT availability to the US. US availability is expected to be reinstated end of August.

Don’t have any details on the specifics of why there was an issue with the DOT – sorry!

TiredOldHack
    Participant

Thanks for the info. I managed to get my flights booked, thanks to the charming lady on the end of the Executive club helpline.

Wasn’t easy – all sorts of options explored, like routing via New York, Dalas/FW, Miami, etc. And return via Madriid, the US and even Sao Paulo.

Could get F to NYC on Avios, and then down to Quito, but couldn’t get J or F on any return, except via Sao Paulo (F), and damn it, there wasn’t enough time for a connection. So J in Iberia both ways, only paying cash for the return trip. Could be worse.

Took a long time on the phone to sort it out – excellent staff they have there.

Cwyfan
    Participant

I still do not understand why it is working on Avios, including the US, throughout this time.

Yesterday, I found and booked 2 tickets to Denver with it, including 241!

handbag
    Participant

I am the head of my BA HOUSEHOLD account. Can only my personal points be transferred to Avios or all on the household account? Thx

Cwyfan
    Participant

Each member has to transfer their avios individually, although you are able to create an avios household account too.

rferguson
    Participant

The map should be up and working again on ba.com now.

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls