Plan to levy Euros 1 fee for upgraded CDG rail link

Back to Forum
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• AMcWhirter
    Participant

If the plan goes ahead in 2017 it would mean that all arriving/departing passengers using CDG would be paying a fee of Euros 1 to help fund an upgraded rail link.

The link would run to Paris Est (instead of Paris Nord) using some of the existing SNCF tracks.

There would be trains every 15 mins with a journey time of 20 mins.

The fare is estimated to be around Euros 24 which, with the service frequency, would suggest that the CDG link is being modelled after HEX.

Details along with a map are published be Lesechos.fr [FR]

http://www.lesechos.fr/industrie-services/tourisme-transport/0211225804686-une-taxe-sur-les-billets-davion-des-2017-pour-financer-le-cdg-express-2022605.php

Charles-P
    Participant

Belgium did this as well. They introduced an extra Euro on all fares to the airport on a “temporary” basis. They still charge it. At a time when we should be encouraging people to use public transport to travel to airports this is simply stupid.

icenspice
    Participant

A huge jump in price (about €10 o/w from CDG to the Gare du Nord on the RER B) and the journey time is not much shorter. And even though both stations are very close, the Gare de l’Est is much more convenient for me and preferable IMO.

icenspice
    Participant

Oops, I forgot to mention, will anyone notice the levy? !!

seanyjmuclhr
    Participant

What a great welcome to the most visited city on Earth tourist-wise, a metaphoric €24 slap in the face.

Btw, I think HEX is worse. That’s why I refuse to use it.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls