Phuket to reopen to fully vaccinated tourists from 1st July

Back to Forum
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• cwoodward
    Participant

The Thai cabinet yesterday confirmed the limited reopening to tourists from 1st July. This will only be applicable to international travellers who are fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Travellers must also be from a yet to be determined list of countries with a low to medium risk of the virus. Quarantine will be waived for the fully vaccinated international arrivals, however they will have to spend 14 days on the island before being permitted to travel elsewhere.

4 users thanked author for this post.

AMcWhirter
    Participant

Bangkok Post reports Thai Airways will operate to several European points from July 2.

https://www.bangkokpost.com/business/2127715/thai-airways-to-start-european-flights-to-phuket-in-july

In the case of London I believe it’s the first time Thai will has operated non-stop from the UK’s capital to Phuket.

Thailand is on the UK’s Amber list (at the time of writing).

Travellers from UK will need to provide proof of a negative Covid-19 test (at time of writing).

Thai’s first flight from LHR will be TG917 on July 3. Depart 1230, arrive Phuket 0610 (July 4).

The carrier’s website is not the easiest to use. It seems flights option for the return to London involve a plane change in Bangkok.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Whilst there are many updates available, I like “Sawasdee Thailand” – link below. I believe she is a local travel agent in Thailand, her English is not perfect, but is good enough to be clearly understood. She highlights the many issues that still remain outstanding and unclear (such as the CoE) about the rules, which are constantly changing.

What ever the final rules, it has to be better (and healthier) to be quarantined with access to an Island rather than being held “prisoner” in a hotel room for up to 15 nights. What is also not known is exactly what will be open in Phuket if the Sandbox scheme gets going & confirmation when onward travel can be made, one your ‘initial’ 15 nights are up…

Also most importantly, will UK citizens be included in the acceptable list????

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMfGTLxDmLn1kI2Kcgi7P6Q

DerekVH
    Participant

I have just tried some dummy bookings and all flights are via BKK on both outbound and inbound.

AMcWhirter
    Participant

[postquote quote=1102140]

As I noted in my above posting the TG website isn’t the easiest to use.

But when I checked flights from LHR earlier today that non-stop flight to Phuket on July 3 was available and as I type now (1530 hrs on Thursday) it is still available. But remember that non-stop flight (11 hrs 40 mins) is not daily.

BTW DerekVH My apologies. I must have pressed the wrong button somehow for “inappropriate comment.”

2 users thanked author for this post.

AMcWhirter
    Participant

Thai’s routes between Phuket and Europe haven’t survived.

Launched last summer they will be dropped for the winter season (traditionally the peak time for travel between Europe and Thailand).

https://www.aeroroutes.com/eng/220901-tgnw22hkt

1 user thanked author for this post.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls