Personal statistics for 2017

Back to Forum
Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)

• donkeyasia
    Participant

Much reduced due to 4 months off work
    1. 90 sectors
    2. 34 airports (11 new,)
    3. 9 airlines (3 new – ANA, QV, S7 )
    4. 12 aircraft types (1 new – ATR (Lao)
    5. Most flown airlines – CX (36), PR (14), 5J (Cebu Pacific (12), QR (6)
    6. Best airport: HKG,
    7. Worst airport: BHX, if you are British, DFW (unless you speak Spanish, rude and insensitive), Bangkok for the interminable walk from the plane to immigration
    8. Best Lounge: HKG CX The Pier First Class
    9. New Lounge for me: EK First in Dubai
    10. Worst lounges: 5J in Cebu, PR in Cebu
    11. Best immigration: HKG with frequent visitor card, Manila Terminal 3, was Singapore but even the queues here are getting longer
    12. Worst Immigration: DFW, BKK Suvanarbhumi Economy (with no fat track or PWD, Senior Citizen of children privileges
    13. Best passenger handling: Haneda, Tokyo
    14. Worst passenger handling: LHR Terminal 3
    15. Worst baggage handling on arrival – EY in Abu Dhabi, PR in Manila Terminal 2
    16. Best FFP experience: QF given a Platinum card for being a founder member of their FFP in 1987. Given 2 years to maintain the card.
    17. Worst FFP experience: refused PR lounge access in MNL with qualifying EY Gold card, because their computer was down.
    18. Best value Avios redemption: BKK-LHR on BA, 6,500 points plus £18.00 taxes
    19. Best Forum experience – Dinner in Bangkok

Wishes for 2018 – safe travel for all, and completing some bucket list items (Antarctica – April), Art Garfunkel Concert – London July

kazuwox
    Participant

My statistics for 2017 is :
    @ total 58 sectors
    @ 22 airports out of which 2 new (TSA, NUE) and 3 new but transit only (CDG, TXL and DFW)
    @ 3 redemption flights
    @ 15 airlines
    @ 2 memorial events,
    1) OneWorld Sapphire status on JL, thanks to mileage run
    2) mishandled luggage on AB, then rcvd EUR50 voucher, the career finally went to bankruptcy…
    –> the voucher became mere junk literally

stevescoots
    Participant

73 sectors last year over 20 airports, one new one DAD
    10 reward flights
    12 carriers
    One Loco, VietJet
    Best personal carrier this year EK
    Worst China Eastern
    Best lounge, as always CX F Wing HKG. Worst lounge this year is a close run thing between the one in SGN that CX use or one of the Thai ones i used in BKK

78 nights in 22 Hotels. Best this year, Mandarin oriental Vegas. Worst was a local one in Hanoi (never let local staff book hotels!)

most annoying Item, losing my BA OW gold by a few points, not that i fly BA much at all but it was good for Avios earning to use with CX where i got upgrade on reward flights 90% of the time. Since dropping to silver no upgrade and cannot use the F lounge 🙁 (first world problem i know)

GreenScot
    Participant

Most of my travels were completed in Q1 and Q2. Second half of the year much quieter.
    My stats:
    – 67 sectors of which 36 were longhaul
    – Best carrier – Singapore
    – Best flight – SIN-LHR in F on BA when I had just been discharged from hospital after 3 broken ribs and a hemothorax. The crew couldn’t have done more for me including one crew member who gave me some of his own mint tea blend.
    – Worst flight – BKK-LHR in J. Plane was disgustingly filthy for one thing. For the most part the crew were OK if lacking some common sense but one crew member was exceptionally rude and unpleasant and only really interested in chatting to a bunch of BA staff on staff travel. I spoke to the CSM who rolled his eyes as if to say I know if he spoke to her, it didn’t work.
    – Best airport – LHR Terminal 5. Maybe as it feels like my other home
    – Worst airport – JFK
    – Best lounge – Qantas F Lounge at Sydney
    – Worst lounge – Porto as there isn’t one for OneWorld
    – New carriers – Malaysian, Jetstar Asia, AirAsia, Tiger/Scoot
    – New airports – LJU, OPO, PEN, KUL, HND, SYD, DPS, HEL

ConstantFlyer
    Participant

– 44 sectors: longest 6315 miles, shortest 34 miles
    – 13 airlines: new ones incl. LATAM, Air Canada (Jazz), Transavia
    – 24 airports across 5 continents
    – Best airline: Swiss Airlines
    – Worst airline: Iberia
    – Best airport: Lima (great food hall/spicy chicken/ice cream sorbets)
    – Worst airport: Madrid (toooooo big/boring/drab/unfriendly)
    – Best security: Nanaimo (tiny airport in Canada – friendly and efficient)
    – Worst security: Geneva (long queues, cramped)
    – Nicest surprise: Russian airline Izhavia (with full service meal and hot drinks from real kettles)
    – Best lounge: Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan (great view, relaxed service), and Moscow-Domodedovo/Domestic Terminal (good food)
    – Worst lounge: London City Airport (no lounge!)
    – Great planes: Got to be Izhavia’s Soviet era Yakovlev Yak-42, and the brand new Swiss Airlines Bombardier CS-100
    – Best deal: First on BA London-Moscow on a 777 for 34000 Avios and £27.50 (Reward Flight Saver)

fatbear
    Participant

Not a good year as most of my travel was within the UK……

Sectors : 79
    Airlines : 7 ( mostly BA )
    New Airport : Dubrovnik & Ljubljana

Best Airline : Tradewind Aviation
    Best Airport : St Barths

Unfriendliest Airport Security : Antigua

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls