Personal Statistics for 2015

Back to Forum
Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)

• JohnHarper
    Participant

226 sectors on 12 airlines, none new. No new airports either but places like SIN and DOH are still light years ahead of other places and I’ve got to like LHR T2 which is in a different league to LHR anywhere else. I’m looking forward to new IST which is not until 2017.

The sector number is so high as having moved to Cyprus in February almost every journey necessarily includes ECN-IST and return.

I did try a few trips from LCA but the hassle coupled with EK’s A330 with six across in F and seven across in C (almost as bad as 8 across on BA!) and all at a very premium price was not for me and I’ve got very used to IST transfers which so far have worked perfectly.

Favourite lounges continue to be:

QR lounge LHR T4
    SQ TPR SIN
    LH F terminal at FRA

Not necessarily in that order, each is excellent and my favourite one is probably the one I’m in at the time.

MrMichael
    Participant

Sorry to hear that Icenspice, would like to have bought you a glass of bubbly to celebrate almost a new year! I am on the early flight..08.15, be in Bergen in time for a decent lunch at Enhjoningen at 1.30, one of the best fish restaurants in Norway.

FDOS_UK
    Participant

Down from 124 to 76 flights this year (as I can now fly direct from MAN, instead of MLA via…..)

Mileage 143,000 (around the globe nearly 6 times)

NTarrant
    Participant

95 sectors on 11 airlines (3 new), 11 new airports. 65 hotel nights this year and 5 new countries visited

MartynSinclair
    Participant

93 sectors – 20 airports – 9 airlines – 67 hotel nights.

34 sectors were using avios redemption.. all shorthall..

Final flight for 2015 taken today…

First flight for 2016 is on Jan 2nd.

Here’s hoping for stress free and safe travels for 2016 and beyond…

Tramor01
    Participant

82 sectors
    32 airports (3 new MCI, CLE, BRE)
    11 airlines
    102 hotel nights (excluding UK)

FDOS_UK
    Participant

“Here’s hoping for stress free and safe travels for 2016 and beyond…”

+1

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Martyn. “Here’s hoping for stress free and safe travels for 2016 and beyond…”

+1 definitely.

LuganoPirate
    Participant

I use Flightdiary.net to keep track of my travels though I’ve just seen I’ve not updated it since the beginning of 2015!

Off the bat, a lot less than last year with about 45 sectors flown but only one new airport, LAX.

All my planned destinations came to naught but here’s hoping they’ll be visited in 2016. Tokyo, Vietnam, Burma and Australia top the list.

canucklad
    Participant

Tons of train travel this year…..
    Quite a few European flights…..
    And for a long,long time ….not a long hauler last year.

Lots planned for this year though.
    Sadly that means torture by train to pay for my trips east and west

ASEANTraveller
    Participant

Dear All. I have been following this site for a number of years and, after gaining a lot of insights and information, have figured it would be about time to sign up and contribute back.

By way of background, I have just moved to Kuala Lumpur after 8 years living in Hong Kong (prior to that it was London for over 15 years). In 2015, I completed 159 sectors, mostly in the ASEAN region where work related travel takes me. However, with two boys in boarding school in the UK, I also make a flight to London approx. every 6 weeks or so. Most frequently used airlines are Cathay / Dragonair and Malaysian, as well as, BA, Thai, Qatar and AirAsia. Long-haul is in business (with the odd upgrade or miles booking in First), whilst regional travel is 50/50 economy/business.

If your travels ever take you to this part of the world, please do not hesitate to reach out. I hope to become a somewhat helpful member on this forum over time. Thank you and wishing you all a very Happy New Year!

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Thanks ASEAN and welcome to the forum. We all I’m sure look forward to reading your posts.

KL is a great city and when I last visited some 4 years ago i took the train from the centre of Singapore and stayed at the Sajauna. We all loved it.

Steptoe
    Participant

108 sectors
    Airlines used BA, Iberia, KLM, Lufthansa, Easyjet and Flybe
    Longest flight 13Hrs return from HND (strong head wind)
    Best flight LAX – LHR Club World on A380 (1st time on the 380)
    Best lounge Qantas 1st in LAX
    Worst experience missing KLM connection in AMS even though landed on time

For 2016
    start back on 4 Jan Flybe to AMS
    11 Jan BA to BSL
    18 Jan BA to OTP
    Finally BA to FRA

Happy New Year to all

ZKSmith
    Participant

102 sectors, 19 airlines, 29 airports.
    LIS and OPO new airports, TAP Portugal the only new airline.
    Happy new year and safe travels for 2016.

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls