People buying cheap one-way flights in order to drink at the airport

Back to Forum
Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)

• IanFromHKG
    Participant

Two thoughts:

(1) Walter Valentine in The Titfield Thunderbolt
    (2) This gentleman

TominScotland
    Participant

LuganoPirate – your suggestion of the fully refundable ticket as a means of access reminds me of the gentleman in China who, last year I think, regularly bought such tickets in order to dine in the First Class Lounge. Fully sated, he then cashed in his ticket and departed the airport. He was banned by the airline.

IanFromHKG
    Participant

[postquote quote=1017425][/postquote]

Full details of which can be found at the link in my earlier post (sorry, Tom, I beat you to it!)

Chris in Makati
    Participant

With unlimited Priority Pass lounge access you could apply the same concept to benefit from that. Buy a cheap same-day return ticket to anywhere and spend 3 hours in the lounge before departure filling up on booze and food. Then fly to destination and repeat in another lounge on the way back. With flights on Ryanair for as low as £8.99 one-way that would make a good day out for less than £20. Any duty-free items you can pick up on the way would be a bonus on top.

TupeloKid
    Participant

[postquote quote=1017855][/postquote]

…. except for having to fly on Ryanair.

1 user thanked author for this post.

IanFromHKG
    Participant

[postquote quote=1017929][/postquote]

For those sufficiently desperate and appropriately placed, the pain can be minimised. There are plenty of very short routes – eg easyJet’s 20-minute hop from Belfast to the Isle of Man, and for those in the south Gatwick-Jersey, also by easyJet. All offer PP lounges…

1 user thanked author for this post.
Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls