Pendolino Problems?

Back to Forum
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

• Anonymous

VintageKrug
    Participant

I had the pleasure of Richard Branson’s Virgin Trains this evening.

Normally I am a big fan, especially of their super-duper fast services and delicious on board nosh.

However, I often feel somewhat unwell after travelling on these trains.

Previously I put it down to overindulging with the free G&T.

However I abstained on this trip and still feel a tad under the weather on stepping off.

Anyone else experiencing this?

CrazyCanuck
    Participant

Ive been on the Pendolino between Milan and Zurich. The scenery is great, but the motion of the train can cause a feeling of sea sickness. Old wives tale says you should plenty of crackers before you board this train.

VintageKrug
    Participant

I am not sure how crackers would help?

travelworld
    Participant

ginger is the thing- grab some ..er…ginger nuts before you board!

DisgustedofSwieqi
    Participant

Can’t say I’ve felt ill on them, but they do feel rather cramped compared to other mainline trains.

LuganoPirate
    Participant

DoS, If you’re referring to the Cisalpino, I fully agree with you. They are cramped in comparison and though I don’t suffer from motion sickness on them, my wife does and so she has sympathy for both VK and Crazy. I must admit though, after an hour or so I’m glad to get off.

Travelworld, I’ll pass your tip on and see if it works.

The Swiss Railroad tilting trains are a different kettle of fish however, with the carriages having the same amount of space as the regular trains. If taking the train from Milan to Zurich (or vv) I recommend these ones over the Italian ones any day.

As a bonus they also run on time but tend to terminate in either Lugano or Chiasso.

DisgustedofSwieqi
    Participant

Lugano

I was thinking of the Virgin train, to be honest.

Wiki has a couple of interior px, if you scoll down and look on the LHS.

Have you any links for Cisalpino?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virgin_Trains

zunixaani
    Participant

Oh canucklad, thank you for that, I needed a laugh… And yes, I know it is poor form to laugh at another’s misfortune, but that really was a funny read!

http://www.braindumps.com/CCNP-Security.htm

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls