Paying for an upgrade at the airportCreate Topic

Home Forums Airlines Cathay Pacific Paying for an upgrade at the airport

This topic contains 7 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  passionateflyer 3 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

JChang689
    Participant

I know some airlines offer a flat rate for those who wish to pay for an upgrade at the airport. (I.e Emirates: HK-Dubai. I’ve tried and it was great) Does anybody know if Cathay offers the same?

Ahmad
    Participant

How much did you pay for the upgrade?

TiredOldHack
    Participant

BA’s standard rate from Latin America (Sao Paulo, Buenos Aires) to London seems to be 500 bucks a head. Bargain.

newbieflyer
    Participant

Cathay do it. Got the option from DXB to HKG.
    As a side note, China Southern let you do it onboard.

Ahmad
    Participant

Long ago I did an upgrade from Business to First with Emirates at SIN when checking in for DXB. They called it an on board upgrade and charged me twice as much as a discounted First. I have never asked for one at the airport since. Always try and book a discounted First fare when I can get one, otherwise I just fly Business. Looks like I should start asking again.

MarcusUK
    Participant

Interestingly amongst others who will allow at the airport, a growing number allow bid prior to the flight, if you are a “select” frequent flyer, you will be invited to bid.

Both Etihad and KLM allow you to Bid an amount , with a min and maximum. However, KLM do not allow you to earn the miles for it, whereas Etihad do.

Etihad let you know 24 hrs before . I bid for a £580 upgrade from Business to First on an ultra long haul AUH-SYD and got it.
    Excellent value.

passionateflyer
    Participant

Virgin also have a bidding scheme, although sadly I didn’t win in it. Generally I like to psych myself up in advance for the cabin I’m going to be flying in so the appeal of last minute upgrades is somewhat diminished.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.