Paris – 17 shot dead

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 40 total)

• Anonymous

MartynSinclair
    Participant

With all our threads on airport security, with all the stupid bloody lines we have to endure, with all the intrusive body searches and packing, unpacking bags…………. this happens in a major city centre.

I am a very emotional person, and seeing the pictures on Sky News just horrifies and scares the living daylights out me… Seeing a policeman shot dead in HD….

I am sitting in my office, just unable to take my eyes off Sky News… “Military war fare on the streets of Paris”…

Really sad day…. I hope all business travellers and the people of Paris remain safe…

MrMichael
    Participant

+1

esselle
    Participant

+1

In my day satire was pretty much restricted to Private Eye, and maybe TW3.

Today it feels much riskier.

Poshgirl58
    Participant

Martyn

+1. I witnessed 9/11 unfolding on Sky News, something I will never forget.

Stay safe…

Tim2soza
    Participant

+1

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Martyn, Poshgirl.

+1

Charles-P
    Participant

Here in Brussels a lot more police on the streets in the last hour.

Military trucks parked at Brussels airport and police with automatic weapons in both arrivals and departure areas. El Al desk has three Israeli ‘heavies’ looking very menacing next to it.

stevescoots
    Participant

Unfortunatly its a sign of the times and this is the future, the lunatic genie is out of the bottle and can never be put back in

canucklad
    Participant

My sentiments are the same as everyone above…….And sorry I can’t hold my tongue I’m afraid . Why families are grieving tonight because lunatics are defending ( to semi-quote Charles P:) an airey fairy invisible man in the sky erodes even further any lingering believe I have in a particular religion being inherently peaceful and forgiving.

Sympathy goes out to ALL victims of these pea brained brainwashed cultists.

PatJordan
    Participant

canucklad

+ 1

MrMichael
    Participant

Agree with you Canucklad in many ways. I am not totally atheist but am constantly amazed that people go on killing over religion. This attack is not just an attack on the French Private Eye, it was an attack on the media and free speech. My prayers and thoughts are with those in France tonight, but also with everybody that stands up for what they believe in and publishes regardless of these bigoted monsters.

AnthonyDunn
    Participant

@ stevescoots – 07/01/2015 16:57 GMT
    @ canucklad – 07/01/2015 18:02 GMT
    @ MrMichael – 07/01/2015 19:42 GMT

+1 Spot on.

Swissdiver
    Participant

+1
    My mother tongue is French, so is part of my culture. Cartoonists such as the late Cabu, Charb or Wolinski where part of my everyday life.
    My late and beloved mother in law was Muslim. My sons are 25% Egyptians. Killing in the name of any god, or actually in the name of God no matter what name is given to him is an (unfortunately daily) atrocity.
    A very sad day indeed…

#jesuischarlie

Chardie
    Participant

There is an Algerian cartoonist called Dilem, who I believe has been arrested 17 times by the authorities for his cartoons. I have no idea how he is still alive. A very sad day for freedom of expression.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 40 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls