Paid seat reservation for Club World bookings? You've got to be kidding!

Back to Forum
Viewing 4 posts - 76 through 79 (of 79 total)

• GivingupBA
    Participant

[quote quote=905593] As travellers, it’s not just BA that’s ripping us off, it’s becoming common practice throughout the industry.[/quote]

Thanks a lot for your reply. And that’s right, becoming “common practice throughout the industry”, that is very clear. And disappointing to say the least.

RHMAngel
    Participant

Thanks Mr Sinclair & GivingUpBA, I think that’s the point (for my longer rant) of dismay… fly enough (but not enough to hit Gold or First), pay enough (£1000 in this case for PE) so the comments of don’t fly, fly another is defeated by the rolling out as in common practice across industry.

Blackmail might be strong, but then so is having an object pointed at your head/nether regions/wallet, that’s how I feel where the industry has headed, sheep, what works and what doesn’t. No correlation of extra charges to price of the baseline seat coming down. Biggest bug bear here. I would feel this way, even if/when my organisation was/is paying.

CAI
    Participant

The topic here is not about paying to choose a seat when flying economy or premium economy. So, as you seem to be defending this policy (‘business is business’) pray tell us which other airlines charge to book a seat when buying LONG HAUL BUSINESS CLASS?

canucklad
    Participant

Hi cal82

You’re right, and your question about business travel is relevant. I’ll predict that other airlines will follow BA’s lead, if BA’s exercise in pushing the envelope proves financially viable, I’ll guarantee others will follow, and sooner rather than later !!

Viewing 4 posts - 76 through 79 (of 79 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls