Overcharged by AA for ex-DUB fare

Back to Forum
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Anonymous

slotski
    Participant

I booked an ex-DUB fare directly with AA.com (DUB-LHR-JFK-MIA-MSY-ORD-DUB). The on-line fare quoted £2,544 for two passengers flying next July in J/F. A decent price. When I hit the buy button the summary page stated the cost was £2,766 and my credit card statement confirmed this.

I called AA reservations and they stated they believed me but could not refund the difference in price. They did however offer to cancel the ticket and a full refund which I accepted.

I have never had such a problem before (note I used the UK site and everything was quoted in sterling). Sometime expedia will have a fare change, but this occurs before you hit the buy button. I will be happy to receive my refund, but I did have to waste 50 minutes on the phone with AA to sort it out.

GoonerLondon
    Participant

No i have not seen that before, and I use aa.com a lot.

Im surprised you wanted to cancel. Seems like a great price even with the £150pp (12%) uplift.

Rockhopper
    Participant

This happened to me this weekend as well. Booked four seats in J for DUB-PHL-MCO-CLT-DUB and quoted and confirmed on screen as £4,074.80 subject to confirmation email.

When I received the confirmation email to confirm the itinerary had been ticketed the price had moved to £4,296.80 which is what was taken from my credit card.

Called AA and as above they said they believed me but as their system could not show them the first price there was nothing they could do.

I haven’t cancelled as quite frankly I think its a great fare as its an A330 on both transatlantic legs with the old US Airways Envoy suites but it does make you wonder what’s going on. Not sure I can be bothered to pursue it.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

I guess this shows it’s necessary to take a screen shot of the initial price quoted. However, even armed with that information, I doubt AA would offer any kind of refund..

I have just started to use a TC for bookings… prices can be extremely competitive, even the AA bookings from DUB…

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls