Out from T5 – In from T1 – car parking help…please

Back to Forum
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

• Anonymous

MartynSinclair
    Participant

I have left this very late but hoping someone can help.

Am leaving tomorrow (Friday) from T5, but coming back on Sunday into T1. Unusually I am going to the airport by car.

Which is the best car park to use that has transfers to T5 and a collection point from T1. Or would I be better parking at a hotel.

many thanks

newbieflyer
    Participant

It takes slightly longer, but have had good service from them, always
    http://www.purpleparking.com

StandingThemUp
    Participant

Martyn

This may be too late for you, but you could consider parking in the Business Parking T1-3 (formerley Purple Parking) on the northside peri road and then walk to the T5 long stay transfer bus, which is next door to it (but may be a 5-10 min walk to get from car to bus pickup.)

I’m not aware of a on airport car park that serves both T1 and T5.

Maybe another option is off airport parking, with drop off and pick up from different terminals?

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Thanks for replies. BAA has one option that will work – “meet and greet” service deliver into T5 and collect from T1. Price for booking on the day £87!

Other option is Long term T1 and then transfer via Heathrow Express to T5.

Like the idea of Business Parking and then walking to T5 – alas the weather in London today looks very WET…

Will base decision on timings when I get near the airport, but if I am in a hurry, I think I will get hit for the £87.

Rather ironic really, when the Avios ticket cost me lest than half! Who said flying was expensive – bloody parking’s the killer!!!

Have a great weekend and good luck to the ones trying the 380, look forward to the reports…

I can be found at the wonderful Heimat restaurant tomorrow evening…

BA744fan
    Participant

I always use Purple Parking. Competitive prices and convenient for all terminals.

NTarrant
    Participant

Martyn

Park in T1 car park, take the bus to T1, jump on the Heathrow Express (free) to T5.

When you get back just pick up the bus back to the car park.

HongKongLady
    Participant

I like the pod at terminal 5

wishbone
    Participant

Have done this a few times T5 to Amsterdam, T1 back from Rotterdam.

Best way is valet parking, drop your car off at T5 (south side) and it gets delivered to T1 ready for your return

MartynSinclair
    Participant

thanks all – I was running so late and the M4 from my office was bad that I had to park in the T5 exec park and take the buggy across.

Now in the lounge …. which BTW is looking, feeling and tasting good.

Happy weekend. to all

MartynSinclair
    Participant

End of this story, I landed back into T1 from Frankfurt. Was in T5 Business Parking, using Train a couple of lifts and the buggy transfer, within 25 minutes of landing.. not bad!

As a side issue, the LBC on Friday was hot with complaints about the road closures in London with the bike day.

Getting to the airport in Frankfurt this morning, taxi fare was Euros 51, instead of Euros 24 – due to a similar bike event in Frankfurt with a lot of traffic being clueless about the event and no diversion signs evident.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls