“Our primary concern is your safety”

Back to Forum
Viewing 8 posts - 46 through 53 (of 53 total)

• SimonS1
    Participant

Anyway, this is my last contribution to this thread.

Sad to see you leaving fatbear ….. Most fellow contributors have a different viewpoint to me on the whole mask thing, some have been quite forthright in their responses , however as this crisis ebbs and flows , and sadly IMO , now drifting into a global catastrophic economic meltdown I’ll stick up for my viewpoint.

I’d love to get back to a situation on the forum, where we’re sharing tips on flights, hotels and business travel in general — alas ( fox in chicken coop comment coming up) its becoming clear that we either shut up shop totally (Global) or allow herd immunity to grow ( Swedish model) if we wish for some sort of economic recovery this year /early next year.

Mask’s , social distancing and phased easing seems to just prolong the spread , consequently business uncertainty and society unease is just deepening the creeping recession and consequential job losses .

Fully agree.

Just listening on Sky to some discussion about the second wave. It’s interesting to hear infections are back to May levels but deaths are almost non existent (3 yesterday I gather).

fatbear
    Participant

Anyway, this is my last contribution to this thread.

Sad to see you leaving fatbear ….. Most fellow contributors have a different viewpoint to me on the whole mask thing, some have been quite forthright in their responses , however as this crisis ebbs and flows , and sadly IMO , now drifting into a global catastrophic economic meltdown I’ll stick up for my viewpoint.

I’d love to get back to a situation on the forum, where we’re sharing tips on flights, hotels and business travel in general — alas ( fox in chicken coop comment coming up) its becoming clear that we either shut up shop totally (Global) or allow herd immunity to grow ( Swedish model) if we wish for some sort of economic recovery this year /early next year.

Mask’s , social distancing and phased easing seems to just prolong the spread , consequently business uncertainty and society unease is just deepening the creeping recession and consequential job losses .

canucklad – I’m not leaving the forum, just not commenting anymore on this subject !

3 users thanked author for this post.

woodyhoo
    Participant

Airline staff: “you want us to follow the guidelines”?

Right: “we will enforce the guidelines”

canucklad
    Participant

Seems a bit excessive

We’ll need to get used to it , and not just on aircraft but in day to day life.

My mates wife is a person who now comes to the pub , looks uncomfortable and has apparently been moaning to the management whenever a daft “breach” occurs.
    She’s basically appointed herself the “Covid Controller” tutting and chastising anytime she’s in the pub.

Then you’ve got bar staff whose behaviour would suggest they’ve missed their calling and should never have considered a job in hospitality.
    Add today’s news into the mix and I’m afraid theirs no point spending my hard earned cash locally, never mind flying anywhere.

The light at the end of the tunnel has pretty much been extinguished !! And that’s why you probably saw the reaction of the other passengers to the crew !

SimonS1
    Participant

I do love the notion that the flight had to be cancelled because the staff felt in some way threatened or intimidated.

Wave that H&S card around. Flight cancelled and home we go. More than my job’s worth, guv.

2 users thanked author for this post.

DerekVH
    Participant

“These guests were travelling on employee buddy passes offered through our employee travel privileges, not on a purchased ticket”; I guess that employee will not be working at Westjet for much longer!

canucklad
    Participant

“These guests were travelling on employee buddy passes offered through our employee travel privileges, not on a purchased ticket”; I guess that employee will not be working at Westjet for much longer!

Mmmm, Westjet would be wise to tread carefully, regardless of class of ticket .
    Clearly the crew managed the situation badly enough if they to agitate the paying passengers to the point of fearing for their safety

1 user thanked author for this post.
Viewing 8 posts - 46 through 53 (of 53 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller September / October 2020 edition
Business Traveller September / October 2020 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls