Opodo – fraud?

Back to Forum
Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)

• BEYbrit
    Participant

I fully agree with MartynSinclair.

How many times have our travelling lives been made easier because we happened upon the member of staff who cares?

These pearls are rarer and rarer, but when you find them, boy do they make a difference. They want to make things happen, they know how to make things happen – and, most importantly, they care.

Customer service is a profession. It’s a skill and an art and it’s certainly not for everyone. Too many people fall into it as an ‘easy’ option. Most of them should fall back out again….

nfplondon
    Participant

Opodo appear to calculate their fares paying with a pre-paid card called Entropay – I had never heard of this but when investigating it appears they take a percentage when loading funds onto the card which you then use to pay with. If you choose not to pay with Entropay and select a debit or credit card then the fare jumps by £20+ per seat. On the left hand column there is information about which payment methods to choose with Entropay being the default. I agree that for a site jointly owned by the airlines it’s an unusual way to generate additional revenue.

I booked a one-way on Opodo for a BA routing to get back from Spain in the Summer which no other online site was offering. Even with the extra £20 per passenger it was good value (£105 for Alicante-Madrid-Heathrow) but they aren’t my first choice.

Carajillo2Sugar
    Participant

SD – I’m sure that’s an interesting tale but I’m not going to pay to subscribe to the WST to read it – are there any free sources you have a link to?

JohnnyEnglish
    Participant

So I have written to Opodo ‘customer services’ advising that I am mounting a credit card challenge. No response (unsurprisingly) as yet. Will check the Advertising Standards route as well.

Meanwhile, I’ll be looking for an alternative (trustworthy) online portal where I can book complex / open-jaw routings henceforth…

BigDog.
    Participant

Not only Opodo appears to add a small print charge after the bill appears finalised…

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/travel_news/article-3155018/Passenger-complains-hit-hidden-80-service-fee.html

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls