Open Skies Stonking Deal: 75k BA Miles and BAEC SilverBack to Forum
Anonymous28 Apr 2011
OpenSkies is the unique all business class airline that whisks just 84 pampered customers at a time from Paris Orly direct to Washington DC and New York (EWR).
Those who experience the extra space and service say it’s like joining a private club and can’t wait to try it again. Well, fly to Washington DC right now and you won’t have to.
Because you’ll receive a generous 75,000 bonus BA Miles for every return flight1 you take before 30 June 2011 – enough for a reward flight straight back to Washington DC2 if you wish. You can use the offer up to three times to collect a huge 225,000 bonus BA Miles.
There’s more: For our Executive Club Blue members, flying Biz Bed is also a shortcut to one year’s upgrade to a Silver Card, offering priority check in and boarding, additional baggage allowance, more BA Miles for every flight and access to our wordwide lounges.
So if you’re planning to visit the American North West, congratulations on your timing. Please don’t forget to register and you’ll soon be enjoying a reward flight that you hadn’t planned for.
Katinka van Ekeren
Loyalty Marketing Lead Europe
Eligible cabins are Biz Bed (booking classes J,C,D,R,I) and Biz Seat (booking classes L,O,V,E,Q,S,H,W,M). Bonus BA Miles will be credited to the member’s account within 6 weeks after the campaign ends on 30 June 2011.
2 Reward flights are subject to applicable taxes, fees and surcharges. Example given is for a reward ticket in Biz Seat to Washington/New York on OpenSkies or on British Airways in World Traveller Plus to North America, Central America, the Caribbean, Central Africa, South Africa or South Asia.
1.This promotion is open to Members of the British Airways Executive Club (“Executive Club”), locally enrolled and resident in one of the Eligible Countries listed below and persons resident in the mentioned countries who will join and register themselves as members of the Executive Club (“Members”), during the Promotional Period. British Airways (“BA”) reserves the right to verify the eligibility of Members. By taking part in this promotion, participating Members confirm that they accept the terms and conditions set out below.
2. Eligible Countries for this promotion are: Albania, Andorra, Austria, Belarus, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Faeroe Islands, Finland, France, Germany, Gibraltar, Greece, Greenland, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Kosovo, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxemburg, Gibraltar, Greenland, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Malta, Moldova, Monaco, Montenegro, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, San Marino, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, Ukraine, Vatican City State.
3. To participate in this promotion, Members must (i) register for the promotion between 26 April and 30 June 2011 inclusive (“Registration Period”) either online at ba.com, keeping a printed copy of the registration confirmation or offline by calling their local Executive Club Service Centre, and after registering, (ii) book Qualifying Flights as specified in paragraph 4 between 26 April and 30 June 2011 inclusive and (iii) fly between 26 April and 30 June 2011 inclusive (“Promotional Period”). Qualifying Flights will only count towards the promotion if the flights have been booked on or after 26 April 2011 and are taken 24 hours after registering to the promotion.
4. A Qualifying Flight is a single sector flight with a BA or EC prefix on an OpenSkies operated service from Paris Orly to Washington or from Washington to Paris Orly with flight numbers EC11, EC12, BA7011, BA7012 in Biz Bed (booking classes J, C, D, R, I) or Biz Seat (booking classes LOVEQSHWM).
7. Bonus BA Miles will be awarded as detailed below (up to three wins): 75,000 Bonus BA Miles for every 2 sectors in Biz Bed and Biz Seat, max. 225,000 Bonus BA Miles.
8. Executive Club Blue members and members newly enrolled into the Executive Club programme during the Promotional Period will receive an upgrade to Silver status for one year on completion of the two required Qualifying Flights in Biz Bed. The Silver card will be issued and sent to the member’s preferred mailing address within 6 weeks of the completion of the Qualifying Flights.28 Apr 2011
The mistake is that this woman’s title includes the word ‘Europe’ and the UK is not included in the offer.
The last time I looked, the UK was both a member of the European Union and also generally agreed to be located in the continent of Europe.28 Apr 2011
From the Openskies website:-
“Become a member of the OpenSkies Club and enjoy numerous advantages. Get information on your upcoming and past trips, save time making your reservations and get exclusive offers for OpenSkies and partner airlines. You can also join the BA Executive Club and earn BA Miles on all your flights. At OpenSkies, your loyalty is always rewarded”28 Apr 2011
Not everyone can easily do that, Martyn.
Anyway, I don’t see why one should be reduced to effectively cheating. The system is discriminatory against UK residents. Stuff Open Skies and stuff BA (our “national carrier”) as far as I’m concerned.
Simon28 Apr 2011
I always thought that the idea of Europe and the EEC was to avoid these very issues of discriminatory trading standards between member countries. I believe that BA get away by this discrimination, purely by the fact that it is an “offer” not an openly available sale item.
The wording of the offer does not define what BA consider as a “resident” neither does it state that you have to remain a resident.
I am fortunate that I am able to claim a European and USA resident address thereby enjoying increased airmiles (as indeed many others do). BA and Virgin are also fortunate that they are able to increase the cost of flights by up to 3 times, depending which month they are sold.
“Stuff BA” – not a chance Simon, I enjoy NCW too much.28 Apr 2011