Only a question – Why do wheel chair passengers need to Q jump at security…

Back to Forum
Viewing 2 posts - 46 through 47 (of 47 total)

• LadyLondon
    Participant

Some forms of disability are not obvious and may take the form of, as mentioned by other posters, simply being unable to stand for long periods or move the kinds of long distances required to go to and from gates in today’s airports without severe negative effects. Also some disabilities may mean someone cannot wait without access to “facilities”. As I learned when I was the responsible adult accompanying a disabled person for nearly a year. None of which may be obvious.

I’ll never forget the time, in the bad old days when I used to fly Ryanair, that all families with children were called to pre-board early on a flight to Biarritz. 90% of the flight stood up. Some of the “families” were 9 people accompanying one baby. And one of the family groups did seem to be a couple with their 3 sons, the sons in question appearing 15-17 years old, and each over 6 feet tall. Seriously.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

behave yourself Simon!

Axe to grind…. you have a wild imagination…

Viewing 2 posts - 46 through 47 (of 47 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls