Oneworld v Star Alliance

Back to Forum
Viewing 5 posts - 31 through 35 (of 35 total)

• Swissdiver
    Participant

Jeffery,
    You cannot compare a program years ago with one today as all worsened… That said, BA is targeting long haul flights clients. Its program reflects this strategic choice.

PeterCoultas
    Participant

Jeffery D: was also Star G for many years & agree with your comments re the consequence of BMI demiseā€¦. but SwissD is certainly correct in that accrual in star programs is now very much worse than it was – some quite big differences between airlines with the new Connect program looking interesting

JeffD
    Participant

@swissdriver

Totally agree about comparing programmes from years ago. I held BA Gold about 20 years ago, but would struggle now with any of the alliances as all of the programmes have really changed. I just about manage to keep by BA silver. I still do over 100 sectors a year, but sadly remain on the lowest tiers with Star and skyteam.

Swissdiver
    Participant

Jeffrey,
    The advantage of FlyingBlue (Skyteam) in your case is to give Gold also for a number of sectors flown: 30 to be Gold. Platinum requires the double.

simeoncox
    Participant

Thank you, @EruditeSheep. I hadn’t considered ICN, and I will investigate Expert Flyer. (I am already a QFF and Krisflyer member, the latter being as handy as an ashtray on a motorbike.)

Viewing 5 posts - 31 through 35 (of 35 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls