One Way FaresCreate Topic

Home Forums Other Miscellaneous One Way Fares

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  LondonCity 5 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

Janbeegee
    Participant

I remember reading a Forum debate some time ago but since then I’ve failed to find it. We want 2 business class single fares to Vancouver next year and the fares are just criminal – remind me, what is the justification for charging us for the return seats we will not use and is there anything at all we can do to avoid/circumvent the ‘rules’. All advice gratefully received.
    Janbeegee

craigwatson
    Participant

not really any way around it, airlines HATE one ways. in some cases a one way is more expensive than a return (at least on long haul international flights). i work around would be to cruise from UK to New York on Cunard and the fly NYC to YVR

Bucksnet
    Participant

This was the topic you were looking for: –

http://www.businesstraveller.com/discussion/topic/Pricing-of-single-air-tickets

If the return is cheaper than the one way, then simply buy it to save money, and don’t use the return.

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Miles and more allow one way flights for 50% of the miles. They also allow companion ticket for 50% though not sure if this is allowed for single tickets. So if you have the miles and the status, maybe this is the solution.

LondonCity
    Participant

Janbeegee – are you departing London ?

If so you might find a better value one-way price by opting for an indirect routing rather than a non-stop service with BA/AC.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.