One day. Visit to uk

Back to Forum
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• GBAIR72
    Participant

What happens to this day 2 test if I am only flying to Uk for one evening and one day from Gibraltar in the green zone? There is nothing tells you what rules are?

Hktbound
    Participant

You are always allowed to return to your place of residence at any time.
    It is therefore my understanding that you will not need to use the day 2 and day test although you will be tested without charge on arrival into GIB

As GIB is green list you will not need to isolate but, for example, if you were going to return to Spain The PCR that was needed would still cover you as it is valid for 72 hours. This won’t affect you inbound but it’s an issue for other countries.

If you choose a company like QURED they have a discount from some airlines like BA and if you cancel them on arrival advising you will leave early so cannot take day 2 or 8 and have the tests returned to them they will give you a refund on the tests and make a 25% admin charge.

The rules change frequently and my information is more Spain based but this is how I have interpreted the latest information.

1 user thanked author for this post.

GBAIR72
    Participant

Hktbound. Thanks a million for your response. It is very useful information something gov website doesn’t say

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls