• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)

• first_class_please
    Participant

Tom, I have not used the upgrade option, but do travel frequently with OMAN air in business class. 40+ sectors in 12 months.

KUL uses two aircraft type currently, the A333 and A332.

The 332 which is the morning flight MCT-KUL and evening return has the new business seats same as the 787. These are great seats with lots of personal and storage space and direct aisle access from all seats.

The 333, evening MCT-KUL and morning return, has not had the refurb yet so offers the older seating and also a First class cabin. While these seats are older, they are 1-2-1 configuration and are huge. As much space as First class on most airlines.

I find the food and service on board to be very good and the new Muscat airport to be exceptional.

Next month I will also be using the KUL route, on my way to Sydney. 333 out and 332 back.

I would definitely bid for an upgrade.

ASEAN Traveller
    Participant

We used the upgrade option for my son last week on the KUL to MCT leg. Similar pricing. Upgrade was confirmed approx 3 days prior to flight. You may want to check seat alerts / expertflyer for general seat availability beforehand to assess your chances of an upgrade. I think the upgrade options also have different pricing levels based on priority, so if you are super keen you can always bid a bit higher. Btw we are visiting Oman now and it is a most beautiful country with extremely hospitable people.

Folium
    Participant

Oman is by far the most civilized, friendly and genuine of all the Gulf states. A welcome change from all the bling and shallowness elsewhere in the region.
    The Musandam peninsula is a great area to explore if you want to get away from it all, though it does also have a very plush 5* resort on the East side of the peninsula if that is more your bag!

1 user thanked author for this post.

TominScotland
    Participant

So I registered for this upgrade offer in response to Oman Air’s e-mail. When I went to check-in online, I saw that our seats had been moved to Business Class although the promised e-mail conformation had not arrived. However, assumed that this is where we would be sitting and headed to the First/ Business area for check-in. Very friendly agent then headed off to get us re-ticketed and came back to inform us that, no, no upgrade available… End of story – Business must be full etc. In fact, I went walkabout during the flight and just 8 out of the 30 seats were occupied in Business.

Any suggestions why the airline promotes upgrades in this way and then does not sell them when they have the capacity? Seems to be a somewhat bizarre way of operating…..

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls