Oman Air E175 Economy

Back to Forum
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

• Anonymous

FormerlyDoS
    Participant

DXB-MCT 40mins EMB 175

Quick boarding (it is a small plane), nice shoulder room and legroom, departed on time, blasted off like a homesick angel, got an orange juice and a hot apricot roll.

Before I knew it, we were on final and sailed through arrivals, buying my visa at Travelex and collecting my waiting case.

Was in the Crowne Plaza at Ruwi within an hour of the wheels touching.

Wish it was always this easy.

sparkyflier
    Participant

Hi Fdos – not been to Muscat for ages and have very find memories of Oman and the people. The Embraers are great aircraft, only been on them once but they are comfy, fast and smooth.Well done again for being a reliable provider of flight reports – some other regular posters could learn from you and Tom in Scotland etc!

FormerlyDoS
    Participant

Thanks for the kind comment, sparkyflyer, I try to post the interesting ones and not # 187 on easyJet 🙂

BA4ever
    Participant

Had I known this website a few years back, I would have posted -probably the only- reviews for Cronus Air, Air Manos, Hellas Jet, Macedonian Airlines and Air Greece.

KeaneJohn
    Participant

Nice little hop.. Did you originate in DXB for this journey.

I visited my cousin in Muscat and flew LCY-FRA-DXB with LH stopped there for 3 days and took the DXB-MCT hop with LX.

As I already had a GCC entry stamp in my passport, (Dubai), I did not need to purchase the visa on arrival and was through in 8 minutes of touchdown.

FormerlyDoS
    Participant

KeaneJohn – 04/10/2013 09:31 GMT

Yes, I had stayed in Dubai overnight, so my flight originated from DXB, but I had to pay for a visa, as my onward after MCT was BAH, not DXB and the rules say kerchingggggg 😉

KeaneJohn
    Participant

Oh I though that all GCC states shared visas..

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls