Oman air business

Back to Forum
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

• alistairNicoll
    Participant

I flew with Oman air for the first time Manchester muscat Bangkok in business and was somewhat apprehensive about the 2-2-2- configuration in business class. However I must commend Oman air in that they have designed the cabin in a way that if you have the window seat you do not have to climb over the person next to you. I do not know if other airlines do this but for me this is the first time I have come across such a configuration- congratulations to Oman on having come up with a solution

A full tried and tested of their current offering is long overdue

1 user thanked author for this post.

Mark
    Participant

JAL have had this seating config for at least 5 yrs.

alistairNicoll
    Participant

Such a good idea I vowed to avoid the Emirates 777s as really disliked the configuration and I do like to stare out of the window.

Well done Oman Air

first_class_please
    Participant

Yes, this on all the 787 aircraft. If you get the old A330, then business is 1-2-1 !

Fares tend to be very competitive also, I ditched Etihad and my Platinum card for OMAN Air. Sometimes get 2 J tickets for price of 1 Etihad!

alistairNicoll
    Participant

Yes I too dropped Etihad as the service went down and down in business, I was a loyal User with gold status which to be honest meant very little in reality and used to often recommend them. I still have gold status with them and will certainly consider Oman Air in the future

SimonS1
    Participant

The only time I used them the journey was fine. Unfortunately they lost my bag between Muscat and Kuwait and it was never returned.

We removed them from out list of carriers as a result, not due to bag loss but their appalling attitude afterwards.

tomwjsimpson
    Participant

I sat in 10A on the 787 in business and the legroom is simply cavernous! Friendly service – alcohol only on international sectors, although the arabic coffee was outstanding

Cpt. Andrzej
    Participant

This is soon to be replaced with new config

alistairNicoll
    Participant

Do you know how it will be configured- improved or worse

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls