Oman Air A330-200 Business (long haul)

Back to Forum
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Anonymous

talparis
    Participant

Colombo-Muscat-Paris Business class

Checkin:

As I feared a traffic jam for the 1 hour taxi ride from my hotel, which never materialized, I arrived early at the airport. I used online check-in which I found to be a simple process.

I was the only paying passenger at the business check-in which went smoothly and very fast. The crew was checking-in at the same time and I recognised the purser from my arrival flight, so I had a chat while one of the pilots was checking in his family at the business counter.

Lounge:

Oman Air uses the Sri Lanka Airways lounge which was spacious and had ample seating, food and drinks. However we were called to board very early.

On the 4-hour wait for the transfer in Muscat, the very new Oman air exclusive lounge was at our service with very attentive staff, lots of food and drinks served by a very efficient attendants. A blanket and amenity bag was on offer for a short sleep.

Unfortunately, they do not have a separate space to relax, and the chatter from fellow passengers was very loud.

Boarding:

In Colombo there were few people at the gate, so boarding was fast. However in Oman business passengers have to wait for all the other passengers to take the bus, before taking a separate one.

Once we arrived at the plane we were not allowed to enter by the front stairs, as an official was boarding. So we had to be content with the economy class stairs.

On board, the window seats have window storages boxes which are very handy, but there were only 3 paying customers and 4 pilot family members. However, on the muscat Paris stretch, all seats were taken with about 50% being airline family passengers.

Departure:

On both legs the flights went on time and with no hassle. Coffee and dates or drinks were offered.

Seat:

1- 2 -1 configuration in a front and back cabin. The front cabin seemed more secluded.

The seat was very hard, so I padded it with lots of cushions taken from empty seats.

Nevertheless it is a very generous seat and as good as other airlines’ first.

IFE:

Large screen TV and lots of choice, as well as paying internet, makes it a very good system. I watched some films with my meal and than dozed off.

Food:

On the Colombo Muscat leg an a la cart dinner was served with appetizers. I chose the seafood option of a succulent prawn salad followed by curried prawns for the main course. Then came cheese and a superb selection of wine.

The food was served beautifully on large porcelain plates, like a 3* restaurant, but was hurried along by a FA eager to feed himself.

Very annoyingly, the entire crew walked constantly back and forth from the business class galley, with food items to prepare their meal.

After serving the passengers they all disappeared for an hour, to a feast they prepared in the middle business class galley.

On the Muscat Paris leg, which is a night flight, a too-small snack was served, very elegantly on rectangular glass plates. I was hungry so I asked for seconds, which arrived with no hesitation. Before arrival a very lukewarm and average breakfast was served. This was a choice of quiche, omelet or crepes, plus hot drinks and a breakfast pastry.

Crew:

They are very polite and helpful, but at times very preoccupied by preparing their dinner. And on a full plane, unable to cope.

Arrival & Transfer:

On both legs disembarkation was quick & smooth and the transit, although long, was bearable.

Summary:

All together a mixed impression, as although the seating and at times food was as good as first class on other airlines, at other times it was very average.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls