Oliver (“Dickensian” BA breakfast service)

Back to Forum
Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)

• KarlMarx
    Participant

Funny how easyJet never runs out of drinks at £x per time 🙂

canucklad
    Participant

The cost of the marmalade jars are a red herring. It’s not BA that purchases them. It’s their catering contractors. And you’d be amazed at the wastage when used trays are cleared and washed on arrival back into the factory .
    That’s what gets me about. BA. Their penny pinching is clearly having an effect on their service levels and by extension their brand and yet they allow such money wasting practices to go on right under their noses.

I need to put in a get out clause. I should make it clear that it was a 17 years ago when I laboured for 8 months at BA’s catering contractor. But ,it was by a mile the worst managed business I’ve had the privilege to encounter and unless there’s been a fundamental change in management style and process I doubt things will have changed. In the short time I was there I personally implemented some small disciplines from my retail management skills. On returning from holiday all my work had been undone. It was an invaluable experience to take forward in my career.

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls