Older IFE Upgrade?

Back to Forum
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Anonymous

David
    Participant

Good morning all,

Is anyone aware of when the old IFE’s will be replaced on BA? This is the system where some 12 programmes run at the same time, then wait for the last show to end, then start over again.

My last 3 long-haul flights on BA (all Club World) – Houston to LHR: LHR to Mumbai; and Delhi to LHR; were this (in technical terms) generations old set-up and a real disappointment when spending good money for what should be a well-rounded product. To make things ‘worse’, on the Indian flights, a number of the 12 English channels were replaced with Indian movies, therefore making the limited viewing options (for me anyway!), even more….well…..limited.

Am certainly hoping that my flights to SYD and return next month can offer better entertainment options.

BTW, the seating product on all 3 flight were all the New Club World and the a/c were 777’s.

Thanks and best wishes.

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

This piece should help.

http://www.businesstraveller.com/news/british-airways-new-inflight-entertainment

Dates:
    “The new system will also be retrofitted to the GMIS fleet, starting in Autumn 2011 in a “double line”, meaning two at a time, with a possible completion date of only 6 months after the start.”

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls