Old Voices… and Forum under attack from spammers

Back to Forum
Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)

• Tom Otley
    Keymaster

Yes, that’s what we are trying.
    The spammers use variation of certain drug names, so we have prevented them creating accounts using any variation of those, but they are quite inventive (or the programme is).
    It was far easier before the internet when we just had 10 issues a year to worry about, and news came in print form in a newspaper every day !

2 users thanked author for this post.

SimonS1
    Participant

In recent days lots of old threads randomly coming to the top. Today it was the Heathrow Connect thread – last contribution 2014…..

1 user thanked author for this post.

CathayLoyalist2
    Participant

From what Tom Otley has said previously it is a problem with scammers/phishers and the IT people are working on it. No doubt Tom can provide an update in due course

1 user thanked author for this post.

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

That’s right. I’m sorry about the inconvenience but that is the reason.

2 users thanked author for this post.

ASK1945
    Participant

I have noticed an increase of spam getting through my own filters the last few weeks. I guess that others are experiencing the same way.

I receive about 200 to 250 spams daily. Approximately 90% are filtered out by my anti-spam software straight into a Junk folder, but an increasing number (about 10%) have been going into my Inbox daily and I have to manually send them into the Junk. The senders are becoming more computer sophisticated. As, almost without exception, they are absolute garbage, I wonder about the mental health of those sending them, or designing programs to automatically send them randomly.

6 users thanked author for this post.
Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls