Ofcom report ranks magazines as most favourable news platform

Back to Forum
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

• Tom Otley
    Keymaster

Well, after 20 years of unremittingly negative news for print media, and the closure or evisceration of nearly every newspaper and magazine I know, some good news….

Ofcom report ranks magazines as most favourable news platform
    Laura Rutkowski

Magazines are rated more favourably than any other news platform for quality, accuracy, trustworthiness and impartiality, according to Ofcom’s “News Consumption in the UK: 2018” research report.

Ofcom’s, the UK’s communications regulator, report looks at how adults and 12-15-year-olds in the UK consume news across television, newspapers, radio, social media, other internet sources and magazines.

Participants rated sources based on statements and ranked magazines the highest across the board for the following: “is important to me personally” (78%), “is high quality” (82%), “is accurate” (83%), “is trustworthy” (80%), “is impartial” (77%), “offers a range of opinions” (79%), “helps me make up my mind” (80%), “helps me understand what’s going on in the world today” (84%) and “has a depth of analysis and content not available elsewhere” (84%).
    Social media was the lowest-ranking news platform based on these statements.

One in ten (11%) adults reported consuming news via magazines. One in six cited Time, The Week, The Economist and Private Eye as popular reading material.

In a society that is constantly plugged in, magazines have to work harder to capture people’s attention. UK adults said they use an average of 6.7 individual sources for news.

http://www.ppa.co.uk/News/Latest/2018/07/Ofcom-report-ranks-magazines-as-most-favourable-news-platform

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls