Obnoxious kids in Business Class

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 385 total)

• MartynSinclair
    Participant

Indeed Delsurrey – that would be very interesting at 35000 feet!

Binman62
    Participant

Ahhhh. Half term and a return trip to EDI with the wife and kids. Must have counted around 15-20 kids on my flight back including a baby who was due to sit next to me. The BA crew however were great and moved the mother, her child and the infant to an empty row of 3. Not a sound was heard throughout the short flight.
    So why the post…..

Well I hope the loudmouth on the his mobile in 8A reads this. Next time pleaseee shut up, no one wants to know about your buisness and when the crew ask you very politely to turn the phone off please do so. It is for your safety and everyone elses. Having to asked 4 times and then respond like some petulent child is tiresome and dull and you simply look like the prat you are.

Incident proves again that adults are a far bigger problem on aircraft than any child.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

There actually is a very easy solution to the mobile phone “loudmouths” on aeroplanes. As there are no smoking signs, create and illuminate a no mobile phone sign.

If there is to be no segregated “phone call using seats”, then the airlines could effectively have an all phones switched off rule, from boarding to deplaning.

Interesting, on landing that some airlines (Qantas springs to mind) allow you to turn your phone on whilst taxying in, whilst others (BA springs to mind) ask for phones to remain switched off.

Simple really………………….

Potakas
    Participant

There is always easier way …

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvKIfHTYC2E

:D:D

TiredOldHack
    Participant

Oh yes, I rather liked that. And I found some of the links off the page entertaining. A year ot two ago, they were carrying some criminal from LHR to Athens on my flight. He was handcuffed between two very big coppers, in the back row of seats, and was swearing at the top of his voice for ages.

Potakas
    Participant

This one is a very nice trip report about traveling with infant.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trip-reports/1188444-first-class-infant-travel-trip-many-f-irsts.html

Regards

TiredOldHack
    Participant

Really interesting and rather fun when the sprog is the subject of text and pix, but otherwise (a) one of the worst collection of holiday snaps I’ve ever seen and (b) a reminder of why I think Dubai is just a nasty place. OK, so I’ve had a tough weekend….

AngelaSurget
    Participant

couldn’t agree more with you!

TominScotland
    Participant

Just come off AF’s 777 service from HKIA to CDG. Five kids in the main Business Class cabin – two infants and three aged between 5 and 10. Not a whimper from any of them all night…. And, for once, the business travellers were well behaved as well! Perfect flight.

LindsayW
    Participant

P. Sepsas, you’re another FT’er 😀

I’m hoping on our flights in 9 weeks, my kids are as good as his infant, or TominScotland’s experience immediately above.

rickasia
    Participant

Hey Binman 62
    instead to buy a plane for me that I pay my fee to stay quite and with out monster kids in Business upper deck of First, I’m not a drinker or a noise passenger (usually I take my meal and I sleep) and for this I pay from 2.500 to 3.500 Euro and trust me since I work hardly in my job to get these money I can not accept that silly people like you recommend to by a plane: is quite simple probably you got kids like described before so you feel guilty, otherwise you are a jelous guy jast fly economy and wish to be upgraded in buisness may be because the LCD screen is not work properly, yes I believe you are this STD person, that before the boarding you see priority boarding for business and first passengers and you hate them, this is why you are posting here, dam

LindsayW
    Participant

Hey rickasia, damn I had to work hard to understand what you were trying to say to Binman62…

Next time you make a post, may I respectfully suggest that you run your comment through a spell checker and grammer checker (readily available in Word, or via Google), as I realise that English may not be your first language .

rickasia
    Participant

Sorry LindsayW
    for my poor English, are you a teacher or a poster ?
    Looks like you care more gramma than not comments, any way sorry again, you know, I care more the substance than not “snobby” details; are correct my sentences now ?
    Substance for me is pay a business or 1st cl seat and have back quite, relax, service; snobby are certain posts….

LindsayW
    Participant

I am a mere poster, however a student of the English language for 43 years.

As I said, I was being respectful in exactly the same way that if I wrote in your language that you may respectfully assist me to write better next time. But if you care to take it any other way, that’s your perogative – just don’t expect me to help again *shrugs*.

I presumed that you were responding to Binman62’s post of 25 February 12:21 GMT, and I am still having difficulty in trying to understand how your comment relates to his initial comment.

Well, back to planning my trip over to the ‘ol Blighty in 9 weeks where hopefully my 2 kids will be angels of virtue to the fellow pax in J and F.

LEESNIDER
    Participant

To Rickasia – don’t worry about your English, it is not perfect
    but so what. Your ideas and thoughts come across just
    fine and I had no difficulty whatsoever understanding your posting.
    In all fairness, I do not think that Lindsay W meant to appear
    snobbish – he was merely trying to be helpful in suggesting
    that you could use a spell or grammar checker. When one
    writes in a language different from his native tongue it is
    very easy to err (make mistakes) – sometimes we all need
    a little help! Cheers and happy flying.

Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 385 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls