Obligatory completion of “Sanitary Control Form” when flying into Spain.

Back to Forum
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• PhilipHart
    Participant

FYI, I’ve just had a round robin email from Iberia, advising inter alia that every traveller flying into Spain – not just those flying with Iberia – must complete a “Sanitary Control Form”.

If you are travelling to Spain from another country (including the Schengen area), you will have to complete a Sanitary Control Form (FCS by its Spanish initials), no more than 48 hrs prior to your flight, through the website http://www.spth.gob.es or downloading the app from the same website. You will have to know your seat number; therefore we recommend you to check-in online beforehand. Once you have completed the form and submitted it, you will get a QR code that you can download or print, this will be required to access the terminal and collect your luggage.

Who has to fill out the FCS health control form?

capetonianm
    Participant

I read somewhere the other day that passengers flying into Spain on a Ryanair flight ex-UK were given forms to fill in, and when they arrived nobody looked at them.

What’s going to happen is that every country is going to do its own version of ‘sanitary control’, in various badly translated mutations, which will cause more confusion, and nobody will know where they stand. Neither passengers nor officials will know how to deal with the ‘controls’.

I don’t see the European ‘Union’ playing much of a leading role in this, surely that might have been part of its purpose, to ensure uniform and consistent practices for travel between EU countries in a time of crisis.

What an utter farce the whole EU project is.

1 user thanked author for this post.

GivingupBA
    Participant

capetonianm said, “I read somewhere the other day that passengers flying into Spain on a Ryanair flight ex-UK were given forms to fill in, and when they arrived nobody looked at them.”

That happened to me arriving at LHR yesterday. No-one checked my compulsory gov.uk 14-day locator quarantine form that you have to submit on-line less than 48 hours before arrival (which I did) – there was one little desk just before Immigration, with one guy asking everyone who passed “Done the form? Done the form?” 3 or 4 people were standing there doing the form on their phones. I said “yes” as I passed him and waved my phone in the air, but he didn’t check the form on my phone. I then went through the passport e-gate, but there was no-one there checking forms either, or at baggage or at customs.

I had flown Seoul to London on an A350. There were 29 passengers on the plane (I walked round counting them).

Helen.Murray
    Participant

Can someone please advise, we are travelling from the UK via ferry to France the driving to Spain. The health forms are for those flying only. Would we need a form and if so where would I find one to download, as I have looked online and can only find ones that ask for flight number.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls