NYC Hotels

Back to Forum
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

• esselle
    Participant

Evening

We lived in NYC for a couple of years in early noughties, and are going back for a bit of nostalgia in mid July.

Can anybody suggest a hotel please? We know all the regular “5 star” haunts from back then, but wonder if there are any new and interesting properties in midtown that are worth a look.

Grateful in advance for your thoughts.

iflypremium
    Participant

The Budget Boutique hotel “The Mansfield” is a refreshing surprise. If you are willing to sacrifice skyline views but have a central Manhattan base,then this place is a must.
    It is within 15 minutes walk of Empire State Building,Chrysler Building,5th Avenue,Macys and only 3 Subway stops from Grand Central (5 mins walk) to the One World Trade Centre site (11 mins!). You won’t be dissappointed !

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

I’m in New York at the moment, but staying Downtown.

At a recent Editor’s Lunch, a reader told me he had just stayed at the Edition, and said it was very impressive.

https://www.editionhotels.com/times-square/

AlanOrton1
    Participant

I’m not sure if it had opened when you lived in NYC, but the Mandarin Oriental on the south west corner of Central Park could be worth considering.

Great location
    Great service
    Nice views
    Swimming pool to cool down in after a hot July day

Concorde Ray
    Participant

Although there is certainly a profusion of options, I always stick to the tried and true: you just cannot go wrong with the St Regis, the Barclay(just the Intercontinental now) or the Ritz Carlton on CPS……cheers from another Ex-New Yorker.

_glbetrkkr_
    Participant

I like the NoMad. It’s on Broadway and 27th so you’re pretty much in the center.
    Do you have a specific neighborhood in mind?

esselle
    Participant

Thanks to you all for your suggestions. I will look over the weekend, and let you know which property we finally choose.

Regards

1 user thanked author for this post.

SwissExPat
    Participant

I like the Renwick (part of Hilton Curio).

Decent location and just a bit funky (with the literary history)

Nice bar in the evening also.

esselle
    Participant

Thanks to you all for your suggestions.

We have chosen the Renwick, and booked the Gertrude Stein suite for our stay.

This is so far outside our hotel comfort zone (think MO, Peninsula, FourSeasons etc) that we are really excited about it!

Being back in Manhattan will be a thrill; last time we were there it was via Concorde so I imagine a lot will have changed in the intervening years.

SwissExPat
    Participant

[quote quote=936018]Thanks to you all for your suggestions.

We have chosen the Renwick, and booked the Gertrude Stein suite for our stay.

This is so far outside our hotel comfort zone (think MO, Peninsula, FourSeasons etc) that we are really excited about it!

Being back in Manhattan will be a thrill; last time we were there it was via Concorde so I imagine a lot will have changed in the intervening years.[/quote]

Do let us know how you get on….. I feel under pressure now !!!!!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls