Numerous complaints…

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 140 total)

• AllOverTheGaff
    Participant

Bullfrog – 16/05/2013 05:01 GMT
    I contribute to a number of other forums, notably travel, cars and food, and there is none of this type of sniping. It should be encumbent upon BT to ascertain what other technologies are available to provide a better platform for topics to be shared and discussed.

Agree entirely.

Regards.
    AOTG.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

agree entirely… as already stated…

HongKongLady
    Participant

Do we really need to have technology installed so people have to use good manners when addressing each other and value other opinions even when differ to their own.
    Goodness that really shouldn’t be hard to do we are all adults.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

HKL – evidently we do otherwise these thread would be redundant….

HongKongLady
    Participant

A very sad state of affairs, hopefully those that are unable to ‘play nicely’ do not have any young people they are providing a role model for. I am sure those unable to embrace differences on the forum have the same difficulty elsewhere.

openfly
    Participant

Oh please …stop being so nice to each other…its so boring! Hugs and kisses.

IamSpartacus
    Participant

Lovely day off in the sun, got back this morning looked at the forum and could not see this topic on the list of threads so though it had been done with at last, then it pops back up. read one of the comments and am now banging my head against a brick wall. It does seem there really may be no hope for a harmonious forum with some intent on playing a blame game. I dont think anyone is saying peoples opinions are not valid or they are not entitled to them just that not everyone agrees with them and this constant circle of snipe and blame is boring and that maybe they should not be so quick to blame others when some consider them to be at fault equally.
    As originally stated by the site administrator

“Each person emailng to complain is clear about who is at fault, but unfortunately, the cumulative list of names is long, and includes many of those who email to complain about others.”

In brief you’re all as bad as each other so rein it in.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

I met a wonderful fellow poster this afternoon in BKK. We really all are such a nice bunch of people, well that makes around 11 posters I’ve now met, out of the 10,000 or so, BT have said are registered……

AllOverTheGaff
    Participant

IamSpartacus – 17/05/2013 12:50 GMT
    In brief you’re all as bad as each other so rein it in.

I entirely disagree. As many others do, and those others have complained about what we consider the issue to no avail. (I’ ve never complained to BT about anyone btw)

But I said that already – and I think you’ve said what you had to say three times now. I am more than happy to disagree with you without making the same point over and over…

TGI.
    AOTG.

travelworld
    Participant

The simple way to stop all the nonsense is for everyone to ignore it. If the handful of posters who object to each others’ postings didn’t respond to those to which they objected, all would soon stop. I, like so many here, simply gaze in astonishment at some of the snide and unpleasant remarks made. Let’s just ignore them. If a reaction isn’t provoked, those concerned will peddle their views elsewhere.

Shearer
    Participant

Well said.
    Don’t feed the troll, basically.

(The troll being whoever winds you up!)

KeaneJohn
    Participant

In my opinion if warnings are not heeded then a ban, temporarily at first should be of the order.

I know other websites which have had paying users post alongside visitors where this is the case.. Bans first were 1 month, then for repeat offenders, 2 months, then 3 months. Most learnt quite quickly that their bullying and aggressive antics were not welcome and the forums became a better place.

I’m more of a lurker now popping in rarely to see whats about. I simply don’t have the time to read through pages and pages of forum postings (as well as getting 1 email for each) to try and find something that is of value and on topic as opposed to a petty battle.

SimonS1
    Participant

No need to get an email for each post – you just need to change you settings.

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

Morning,

Another raft of complaints this morning, and an atmosphere on the forum of sheer poison in some threads.

Without going over everything in this thread, and others such as

http://www.businesstraveller.com/discussion/topic/Unpleasant-behaviour-on-the-forum

and

http://www.businesstraveller.com/discussion/topic/The-future-of-the-Business-Traveller-forum

It’s clear that some people are on the forum mainly to cause trouble. We have multiple handles, both disguised and openly mocking, some posters who post only to promote things, others who post only to belittle others, and meanwhile, the majority, who just want to read interesting and informative posts from our knowledgeable posters.

We need to work with the resources we have to make this a better place. I’ve been clear that the forum software here is poor and when we can, we will update it.

In the meantime, I am going to do some gardening this week, taking out weeds to stop them choking the plants we have, and which we want to see grow.

Unfortunately, there will be collateral damage, for which I apologise. but we’ve tried asking nicely.

Ellwood
    Participant

Thank you for your hard work guys, as someone who has learned a lot and contributes when I have something useful to say (not very often granted but I have at least just done a Little Red trip report) I want to thank you for trying to keep this a useful resource.
    Ed

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 140 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls