Numerous complaints…

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 140 total)
  • Good day, alexpo1. I wish for you a calm and uneventful journey, wherever you are going.

As for the trip we discussed a while back – the inaugural Ryanair flight to Rabat … how did that go? Beginning of this month, I believe. Would love to hear your thoughts on the service. Hope you had sufficient leisure time to enjoy your favourite pastimes in Morocco.

Cheers.

CT

millionsofmiles
    Participant

And where is is the usually ubiquituously ever-present “PA”, Becky Boop, in order to promote the BA food festival? No post yet?
    And my general opinion, yes, VK with his snobbish ways and style creates a lot of aggression…especially with this BA promotion.
    But then, it is an open forum, so how could you avoid certain “styles and interests” of posters?

Very kind of you to ask CT…but yet again I didn’t even make it to the airport. In fact, my last flight was on 3 March.

This is a problem which has I realise come to a head after 20 years of frequent flying. I will try again on Sunday….

Rabat, by the way, is a perfect introduction to the country.

Best regards

I am sorry to hear that, alexpo1. I hope the cancellation did not cause too much inconvenience to your personal or professional lives.

Best of luck to you on Sunday. I think you have every reason to be optimistic. You can (and will!) overcome this challenge. Just be patient. Nothing changes overnight, but I do believe the odds are in your favour.

Remember that – as I’ve had a few similar experiences over the years – I am always happy to discuss this issue, should you find it helpful.

And I look forward to discussing Morocco when it comes time to plan my trip!

Take care.

CT

Hello CT

Thanks for your very positive reply. You are a real gentleman. If you don’t mind I will ask BT in the morning to forward you my e-mail.

Bye for now.

Binman62
    Participant

Alexpo1 ….. I have a good friend who I met over 25 years ago whilst on. Long haul holiday. For the the last 10 years at least they would rater put pins in their eyes than set foot on plane.
    They are sensible grounded ( no pun intended) individuals and so I have much sympathy for your plight.

Yes, of course, alexpo1. Please do, and I will reply in kind.

Cheers.

DarrenBe
    Participant

Dear all,

I decided to make this account just to voice my 2 cents.

I follow this forum a bit (along with other aviation forums), though don’t actively contribute because my overall aviation knowledge isn’t as complete as alot of the posters on here. Consider me a silent follower.

If you want me to keep following this site, I ask that you really do stop with the bickering and stick to the topics. If someone insults or does something you don’t like, the very worst thing you can do is go posting that ‘user x just posted this this this’ and I don’t like it. It just starts a massive cycle of off-topic chat.If you disagree with someone, fight with facts, not personal insults but say what you think the facts show, and if you think someone has overstepped the line, report it if you want, but don’t publicly acknowledge this and don’t go making your own posts referring to the post and name-calling.

And well if you do that, one day I might be more than a 1 post silent follower.

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Agree Darren. The problem, and this is typical of sociopathic behavior is that as soon as you answer back or worse, trade an insult back (as tempting as it may be sometimes) this sets of a whole load of vitriolic rage.

There’s then nothing they like more than others coming to the defense as then they have more people to answer back to and insult.

Best really to stand back and let it pass over.

PS. I’m not suggesting for one moment we posters are sociopaths, just pointing out the traits!

PPS. Hope we can get some more posts from you Darren, you make some good points.

AllOverTheGaff
    Participant

Hi Tom

With all due respect, you have allowed one individual to propagate this forum with nonsense and inaccurate information on an almost hourly basis. BT has consistently turned a blind-eye to the plethora of posts which have no meaning or bearing on subject matter of particular threads and BT has heard / read at least 10 prominent contributing people on this forum all telling you the same thing. If 10 of my staff all told me the same thing about one of my employees, I would have to accept that they cannot all be wrong would look for any evidence to support their assertions. You don’t have to look far to see the issues, and if you cannot see them, then it might explain why you are getting the complaints that you are.

I’d also wager there have been other valuable contributors left this forum courtesy of this poster and his/her relentless post-rate – close to 8000 posts – it is like his/her own private little forum. There is also no doubt in my mind that he/she hides behind more than one alias, something you could easily check by interrogating the IP address from various posters. If you’d like a list of which aliases to check, send me an email, you have my address.

It appears there have been repeated requests to modify the technology (or more accurately lack of technology) to improve the flow of discussion on this forum, to allow HTML, to allow photographs, to create a log-in which identifies you from IP rather than from just a random log-in name, can I tell you Tom I’ve been positing on forums with these basic features for donkeys years. This place is SO old-fashioned, and it isn’t costly, I have a forum on one of my website it cost next to nothing to have all of the aforementioned features and it gives me full control with little time/effort. Alas, it would seem that these requests have been ignored or passed off as “too expensive”, I actually think you’ve just chosen to allow the board to self-police – this has failed. You now have a core of posters who wish to discuss and debate business travel but are stifled and frustrated at every turn. They are so frustrated and irate that they are leaving.

When I joined this forum I took some exception to the level of criticism dished to this poster, within a very short space of time I understood why – if you wish to take no action – I’m rather afraid that you reap what you sow and this forum will continue to splutter along with the same levels of acrimony and long-standing animosity. It is a loss that DOS has gone. Big loss.

I’ve been participating in internet forums since the late 1990’s, in that time I have seen, and acted upon, actual cyber-bullying – not the hysteria on here which passes as such – from what I have seen there is outrageous levels of trolling, thread manipulation and bumping which all goes unpunished or not even commented upon. I have seen nothing which I would consider to be bullying.

Finally, earlier on this here thread BigDog has given you a 100% accurate reflection on the issue with this forum, the choice about what to do is not ours, it really isn’t up to us to modify what we post, the improvements that need making are all up to Business Traveller.

Regards.
    AOTG.
    PS It isn’t just publishing going through a tough time right now.

*Edited to replace the poster “Binman” with “BigDog”.

IamSpartacus
    Participant

I think to blame this on “one individual” goes to show just the mindset that everyone on here has been discussing. EVERYONE needs to look at their own behaviour a little harder. From other peoples point of view this one individual can not post anything without another group of posters jumping on his every comment rubbishing his opinions and some would say they were the “aggressor”. There are two sides to every coin.
    I am a little amazed that despite this thread talking about the confrontation between the two groups and their propensity to blame the other for all the wrongs on the forum and other posters clear assertation that maybe both parties are as bad as each other and maybe they should take a step back and avoid criticising each other unnecessarily, there are still people posting blaming it all on the other other party.

I have worked with kids that have a better understanding of how to accept some responsibility and reach a comprimise, if we werent already all adults the words Grow Up would come to mind.

Its really quite an easy soloution, conduct civilised conversation or bite your lip and avoid posting. There appears to be a lack of the required technology or process to look at other ways of policing the forum so it looks like it falls to us to behave ourselves and create a pleasant forum to be a part of.

AllOverTheGaff
    Participant

IamSpartacus – 15/05/2013 16:44 GMT
    I think to blame this on “one individual” goes to show just the mindset that everyone on here has been discussing. EVERYONE needs to look at their own behaviour a little harder. From other peoples point of view this one individual can not post anything without another group of posters jumping on his every comment rubbishing his opinions and some would say they were the “aggressor”. There are two sides to every coin.

In actual fact, I could not disagree with you more. This one individual is at the root of practically every disagreement on this forum. I accept that might not be the PC thing to say, nevertheless, it is my considered opinion to whit I believe I am entitled. It does not mean that you have to agree with my assertions, but neither does it mean my opinion is invalid. I see no reason whatsoever why I should modify what I post, nor should others ignore trolling and grenade-throwing – albeit I don’t tend to engage, rather I look on in slack-jawed wonder. There is reasonable discussion for a large part of the group….then a pin….then the bang….then we’re back to the same old same old. If there is to be any sense of community the utterance of “put up with it” just doesn’t wash.

I don’t have to ‘look at what I post’, I am moderately familiar with it prior to my hitting ‘send’. Again, I do not ask you to share my opinion, if you wish to challenge it that is entirely your right, but it does not follow that by looking at what I choose to post, or what I can choose to ignore that this will impact one iota on what is fundamentally wrong with this discussion board.

Regards.
    AOTG.

Bullfrog
    Participant

There are always those who think their opinions & views should be the standard for all. Whilst this is an anonymous forum, I am sure that we’re all able to use that ability ‘of reading between the lines’. In doing so, we are able to weed out the ‘moderates’ from those who reflect a little more arrogance.

Most contributors offer nuggets at some point or other, but inevitably there will always be those who prefer the sound of their own voice & enjoy ‘putting others down’.

I contribute to a number of other forums, notably travel, cars and food, and there is none of this type of sniping. It should be encumbent upon BT to ascertain what other technologies are available to provide a better platform for topics to be shared and discussed.

Matinée-Allstars
    Participant

I work for a media company who run a large number of forums

There are many cheap tools available to moderate (police) the forum and many different types of moderation e.g. post-moderation (police after the post and delete inappropriate comments) and pre-moderation (posts only appear after checking)

It is incumbent on BT to deploy the right technology and appropriate moderation. They receive the advertising revenue and should be investing it in the right technology and resource to run the forum properly

I have refused to renew my subscription to BT magazine and explained that the conduct of this forum is the reason why. I have voted with my wallet.

The forum is immensely useful and I have learned much about flying from many contributors – for which many thanks.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 140 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls