Flybe to move Newquay route to Heathrow from April 2019

Back to Forum
Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)

• MarcusGB
    Participant

I have family living nr Penzance.
    Trains take around 5.5 hrs Penzance to Cornwall, and can run from about £200—350 return, Plus taxis and time to get to each station especially in London. The Overnight Riviera Train takes about 9 hrs and costs £135 for a berth basic, one way.

I am very surprised that an Airline like KLM , has not taken Newquay up, taking people over to Europe and within, or transferring to Intercontinental destinations. They would provide an essential lnk, gain loyalty and open up Cornwall to The World aviation network. Currently you need a days travel each end or an overnight stay. at a great expense for 1-2 persons. Their Cityhopper would prove very popular for trip to Amsterdam, especially The Dutch who travel to Cornwall by car via Europe’s ports. It would open up World destinations for Cornwall residents.

However, FLYBE is not reliable, operates full low cost, and would not be well set up to link on their small aircraft, passengers for transfers to long haul destinations. Very small capacity, The luggage allowances are poor, even for carry on, and in service very poor. Aircraft are noisy and not modern. If a slot is a slot, then a larger aircraft would be more effective than Flybe planes?

But we should get it going sooner, with a trial, building it up slowly but carefully

I do believe though, despite Ryanair having run NQY-STN, Air South West routes into LCY, all now withdrawn, Cornwall should have a Government subsidised if require, an adequate daily flight link to our Capital City. This would be one option also to open up The West Country to The World, whether via LHR, AMS, CDG, etc? Flybe only run a seasonal flight NQY – STN, now.
    KLM providing so many UK Regional Airports would make good this NEWquay to AMS routs alone, also connecting their network to South West Customers.

About time, and a lucrative retiree market all waiting to travel.. I am sure the response will be good”

AMcWhirter
    Participant

[quote quote=906032]Flybe only run a seasonal flight NQY – STN, now.[/quote]

Stansted-Newquay will be replaced next year by by a service from Southend.

Stobart / Flybe to offer Newquay-Southend route

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls