Nov’21 Eur to USA flight – differing rebooking terms on BA v AA (same metal)

Back to Forum
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• SwissExPat
    Participant

Realising this might be optimistic but I have an event in USA in November 2021 and am looking at flights ex Europe (in Y+ or J).

Given the Covid circumstances I am keenly aware of re-booking/cancellation conditions.

So am surprised to see that for the same set of flights booked on either AA.com or BA.com there seems to be quite different (re)booking conditions.

The itinerary is the same (all on BA metal).

Booked on the BA website, the only favourable rebooking/cancellation conditions apply to “Journeys that are due to have been completed by 31 August 2021” which is not my plan. There is no mention of any “special” provision for itinerarys that end after August 31 2021. In this instance I’d expect that normal (severe) conditions would apply unless there is a further easing (not guaranteed).

However on the AA.com website, the same flights come with the indication that “For any new tickets booked between March 1, 2020 and March 31, 2021, we’re expanding our offer to waive change fees for all dates, regardless of fare type or itinerary. This offer includes Basic Economy fares and AAdvantage® award tickets.”. In the above, I note the “for all dates” reference.

So, it seems that I would be wise to book with AA.com for the exact same flights (There is no price difference copaed to BA.com). Just to be safe that in the event of further covid restrictions, there is a rebooking option.

I wonder why BA are out of kilter with their American Counterparts on these re-booking conditions?

Any views?

InfrequentFlyer
    Participant

BA have updated their policy today with no date by which travel has to be completed so your flight would now be covered.

SwissExPat
    Participant

[postquote quote=1090077]

Many Thanks @Infrequent

Yes, the terms are now better so I will likely make my booking with BA.com.

Sounds like they may have been looking @ BT forum!

maxgeorge
    Participant

I had a BA booking LGW-SVQ.

It was cancelled.

I had to trudge through 5 pages, via their oblique reference to EU261, to find the form to request a refund.

I had an AA booking LAX-HND-HKD.

It was cancelled.

Directly alongside the notification was a box to check to get a refund.

Fare and taxes refunded to my credit card in less than 24 hours.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls